Easy Chicken Schnitzel Parma2015-10-25
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 25m
Do you want to bring a bit of Australia in the dinner table for tonight? Well, just about right. This is an easy chicken Schnitzel Parma recipe that you can follow to delight the family with tonight’s Aussie dinner.
Although loved by most Aussie, only a few can cook them right. They either add too much tomato paste or cheese which is just overpowering the chicken taste. Easy Recipe Depot will teach you how to get that right in this delicious schnitzel recipe.
Before anything else, let’s answer a question that begs to be asked. What is schnitzel? In the strictest note, “schnitzel” is a cooking method when a piece of meat is pounded into tender submission and then dipping that meat in a flour, egg, and breadcrumb concoction to be quickly pan-fried afterwards. But it is also interchangeably used to refer to dishes made in the said method. One of the famous Australian schnitzels is the wiener schnitzel which is made with veal.
Enough with technicalities! Follow all the steps below to create a great house parma and make sure to watch yourself from salivating when you start cooking it and smelling the aromas coming from the oven!
- 4 Chicken Breast Schnitzel
- 1 Jar of Pizza Tomato Paste (Tomato, Garlic, Herbs)
- 4 Slices of Ham (Trimmed to fit chicken breast)
- 1 large cup of Tasty Cheese
Preheat oven to 220˚C (200˚C fan forced). Cook the chicken breast schnitzels between 18 to 20 minutes
Add a slightly thin layer of Pizza Tomato Paste to the chicken breast schnitzels, covering the top and drizzling down the sides of each. Arrange ham over the sauce and then add ¼ of the cheese on top of the ham. Place under grill and cook for 5 minutes, or until cheese has melted and is slightly golden. You can add double ham if you love ham or double cheese if you love cheese or both!
Serve with veggies or a salad, or rice if you don't like veg and salad.
- Bacon lovers can substitute ham with bacon.
- If you want to give the family a pub-style dinner you can serve this with a garden salad and chips
- The breading gives the schnitzel its crumby-crunchy texture. There are several good breadcrumbs brand you can buy in the market like canned and panko-style breadcrumbs but breadcrumbs made from oven-dried bread, mixed with butter milk are much easier to work with. They produce crunchier schnitzel parmas.
- To add more flavor to the chicken breast, you can leave them refrigerated overnight in a buttermilk brine seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic.