Easy Chicken Schnitzel Parma2019-07-20
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 25m
Average Member Rating
(4.7 / 5)
10 people rated this recipe
Do you want to bring a bit of Australia to the dinner table tonight? This is an easy chicken Schnitzel Parma recipe that you can follow to delight the family with an Aussie dinner.
Although loved by most Aussies, only a few can cook them right. People either add too much tomato paste or cheese which overpowers the chicken taste. Easy Recipe Depot will teach you how to get that right in this delicious schnitzel recipe.
Before anything else, let’s answer a question that begs to be asked. What is a schnitzel? In the strictest note, “schnitzel” is a cooking method when a piece of meat is pounded into tender submission and then dipped in flour, egg, and breadcrumb concoction to be quickly pan-fried afterwards. It is also interchangeably used to refer to dishes made in aforementioned method. One of the famous Australian schnitzels is the wiener schnitzel which is made with veal.
Enough with technicalities! Follow all the steps below to create a great house Parma and start enjoying the great aromas coming from the oven!
- 4 Chicken Breast Schnitzel
- 1 Jar of Pizza Tomato Paste (Tomato, Garlic, Herbs)
- 4 Slices of Ham (Trimmed to fit chicken breast)
- 1 large cup of Tasty Cheese
Preheat oven to 220˚C (200˚C fan forced). Cook the chicken breast schnitzels between 18 to 20 minutes
Add a slightly thin layer of Pizza Tomato Paste to the chicken breast schnitzels, covering the top and drizzling down the sides of each. Arrange ham over the sauce and then add ¼ of the cheese on top of the ham. Place under grill and cook for 5 minutes, or until cheese has melted and is slightly golden. You can add double ham if you love ham or double cheese if you love cheese or both!
Serve with veggies or a salad, or rice if you don't like veg and salad.
- Bacon lovers can substitute ham with bacon.
- If you want to give the family a pub-style dinner you can serve this with a garden salad and chips
- The breading gives the schnitzel its crumby-crunchy texture. There are several good breadcrumb brands you can buy in the market like canned and panko-style breadcrumbs but breadcrumbs made from oven-dried bread, mixed with butter milk are much easier to work with. They produce crunchier schnitzel parmas.
- To add more flavor to the chicken breast, you can leave them refrigerated overnight in a buttermilk brine seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic.