Do you want to bring a bit of Australia to the dinner table tonight? This is an easy chicken Schnitzel Parma recipe that you can follow to delight the family with an Aussie dinner.
Although loved by most Aussies, only a few can cook them right. People either add too much tomato paste or cheese which overpowers the chicken taste. Easy Recipe Depot will teach you how to get that right in this delicious schnitzel recipe.
Before anything else, let’s answer a question that begs to be asked. What is a schnitzel? In the strictest note, “schnitzel” is a cooking method when a piece of meat is pounded into tender submission and then dipped in flour, egg, and breadcrumb concoction to be quickly pan-fried afterwards. It is also interchangeably used to refer to dishes made in aforementioned method. One of the famous Australian schnitzels is the wiener schnitzel which is made with veal.
Enough with technicalities! Follow all the steps below to create a great house Parma and start enjoying the great aromas coming from the oven!
- Bacon lovers can substitute ham with bacon.
- If you want to give the family a pub-style dinner you can serve this with a garden salad and chips
- The breading gives the schnitzel its crumby-crunchy texture. There are several good breadcrumb brands you can buy in the market like canned and panko-style breadcrumbs but breadcrumbs made from oven-dried bread, mixed with butter milk are much easier to work with. They produce crunchier schnitzel parmas.
- To add more flavor to the chicken breast, you can leave them refrigerated overnight in a buttermilk brine seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic.
- You can also use ready crumbs as well. Try Knorr Fix Knuspriges Wiener- Schnitzel (15 Pack) or Schär Gluten Free Bread Crumbs, 8.8 oz., 6-Pack