Easy Hashbrown Casserole Recipe2017-05-01
- Servings : 12
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 60m
This easy hashbrown casserole reciple has a cornflake crust. It has become a favorite for gatherings and holiday get togethers. The dish is also a comfort food for most.
- 1 (32-ounce) package frozen Southern-style hash brown potatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed reduced-fat, reduced-sodium cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 8 ounces light processed cheese, cubed
- 1 (8-ounce) carton light sour cream
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups cornflakes, coarsely crushed
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
Combine the onions, paprika, pepper and has brown potatoes in a large mixing bowl. Add 1 tablespoon butter. Mix well.
In a medium microwavable bowl, combine the cheese and the soup. Microwave the mixture at High 6 until the cheese is melted. Stir this every 2 minutes. Add the sour cream.
Mix the cheese combination over the potato one and stir. Spread the mix evenly in 13 x 9 inch baking dish greased with cooking spray.
Mix the cornflakes and remaining 1 tablespoon butter; sprinkle evenly over top of potato mixture. Bake at 350° for a an hour.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe