Easy Shrimp Scampi Recipe2017-03-27
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 15m
This easy shrimp scampi recipe is great for weekend nights. It is quick to prepare and the dish is ready to serve in 15 minutes. If you love shrimps then you have to try this recipe!
- 1 pack (8 ounces) liguine or spaghetti
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 lemon zest
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
Cook the linguine as directed by its direction. Set aside to cool.
Over medium high heat and using a skillet, melt the butter. Mix the shrimp, pepper flakes and garlic. Tone down the pepper flakes if you do not want a spicy dish. Stir and cook for about 3 minutes or when the shrimps have turned "pink".
Slowly stir the white wine and the lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste. Simmer and then remove from heat. Combine the mix, the pasta, parsley and lemon zest.
Garnish with the cheese and serve immediately.