Easy Slow Cooker Meatloaf Recipe2018-10-01
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 4:00 h
- Ready In : 4:10 h
Average Member Rating
(3.9 / 5)
19 people rated this recipe
If you want to try to cook something more difficult than your famous scrambled eggs or just in the search of the best meatloaf recipe online, you are on the right track! This is a very easy meatloaf recipe with easy-to-follow steps and a couple of extra pro tips you can find very useful. You can even use a slow-cooker!
One of the best aspects of slow-cookers is that they are almost completely independent. Your only work in this recipe will be preparing and shaping the meatloaf mixture which can be done within 10-15 minutes. Then, the slow cooker will take over for you, like a cooking fairy. This can give you a break to finish other tasks that need your attention and time. Moreover, you don’t need oil to cook in a crock pot so you can trim away the fat contents of the meat you want to slow-cook.
Unlike cooking a meatloaf in an oven or a skillet fan, a slow-cooker would not frustrate you with an overcooked or burned batch. The long low-temperature cooking will result in a perfectly done meatloaf in just a few hours without having to check it every 5 minutes.
Then just three to four hours later, you have a delicious meatloaf waiting for you, ready to be savored.
- 1.5 lbs ground beef (80 or 85% lean is best)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup ketchup
Take 3 small pieces of aluminum foil and shape them in to 3 pencil sized pieces and place on bottom of slow cooker. The meatloaf is going to rest on these.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except ketchup and mix well with hands for about 2 minutes.
Shape meat mixture into a loaf and place in slow cooker on foil pieces
Cover the meatloaf with ketchup. Rub it in all over, the bottom too.
Set slow cooker on low and cover. Cook for 3-4 hours.
- If you are allergic to gluten or following a gluten diet, you can either use gluten-free and low carb bread crumbs like panko or use tapioca as an alternative.
- Let the cooked meatloaf rest for about 5 minutes before cutting it. This will lead to a more moist batch because its juices will have time to settle and redistribute.
- You can create variations of this recipe by using a different type of meat. You can create a turkey meatloaf or mixed meatloaf with pork, beef, veal, and lamb.
- If you can, make your meatloaf a day ahead and keep it refrigerated to enhance its flavor.