Easy Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes2019-07-22
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 4:00 h
- Ready In : 4:10 h
Average Member Rating
(3.7 / 5)
15 people rated this recipe
Its taste is not reminiscent to its name as it’s probably on everybody’s list of favorite snacks — Sloppy Joe. Easy Recipe Depot will teach you how to make sloppy joes that are anything but sloppy.
While most adults will willingly gobble sloppy joes with onions, peppers and tomatoes, kids are another story. So, this sloppy joe recipe is perfect for kids. We will substitute the veggies and tomatoes with onion powder, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce and mustard.
You can finally say goodbye to the cans of Manwich you have in the cupboard and prepare homemade sloppy joes for the family instead. This is a super easy recipe which uses just basic ingredients – no chopping of vegetables – and the whole kitchen will smell delicious while it cooks in your slow cooker.
To get the kids more excited about your sloppy joes you can let them add and stir together the ingredients in the slow cooker. They will love to see their work go into this recipe and will love it even more when it’s time to eat.
After about 4 hours in the slow cooker, your sloppy joes will be ready for grabs. Make sure to buy the freshest hamburger buns.
- 1 pound of lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
Begin by browning ground beef in a skillet on the stove top. Drain beef after browning and add to slow cooker.
Add ketchup, mustard, onion powder, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar and salt and pepper to meat in slow cooker and stir well. (Kids love this part - let them dump everything in and stir away!)
Set slow cooker to low and cook for 4 hours. Serve sloppy joes on your favorite hamburger buns. That's it!
- Here’s an idea the kids will surely love- ground turkey sloppy joes.
- For a bit of extra tang, you can add a splash of vinegar or cider.
- To make it more fun for the kids, you can also make a sloppy joe pizza by using pizza dough instead of hamburger buns.
- Just like a normal hamburger, you can top your sloppy joes with cheese and add hot sauce if you’re feeling indestructible.