This is an easy, one-skillet recipe that’s ready in 15 minutes and its so much healthier, cheaper and tastes a million times better than takeout.
- 1 scallion chopped
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 3 ounces frozen precooked shrimp thawed, about 14 medium
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 cups frozen stir-fry vegetables thawed
- 1 tablespoon honey
Use a big non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the honey, ginger, soy sauce and garlic. Cook for a minute.
Then add the rice, shrimp and the vegetables. Cook for 8 minutes.
When done, remove from heat. Garnish with scallions and almonds. Serve hot.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 406kcal | Carbohydrates: 66g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 692mg | Potassium: 735mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 12363IU | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 147mg | Iron: 4mg
Servings: 3 people