Making a delicious boneless skinless chicken breast on the stove top in one of the easiest ways to cook chicken.
You can sear the outside and really lock in all the wonderful flavors. There’s really no limit to the varieties of spices and seasoning’s you can use. This recipe is as basic as it gets and only uses olive oil, salt and pepper for seasoning.
This recipe is perfect for a quick and nutritious meal, for use in salads, wraps or sandwiches, or any other recipes that call for boneless skinless chicken breast.
Preparing boneless skinless chicken breast on the stove top will require a good non-stick skillet or pan. Another helpful step is to tenderize the meat with a meat mallet. This is dome by simply placing the chicken between two pieces of wax paper and pounding it to a nice even thickness. This helps for even cooking as well.
Be sure to cook to an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
This is the perfect easy chicken recipe for two. Great for a weeknight dinner!
Easy Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Recipe
- Ziplock Bag
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt regular salt or seasalt is fine
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Place chicken breasts in a ziplock bag with oil, salt and pepper. Make sure to coat well.
- Get skillet hot for about 2-3 minutes on medium heat. Add chicken.
- Let sear for about 2 minutes, then flip breasts over and sear other side for another 2 minutes.
- Turn heat down to medium-low and continue cooking another 16-20 minutes, turning as needed. Total cooking time will be 20-25 minutes.
Love these recipes? Get our latest recipes in your inbox. Sign up now and we’ll also send you our FREE guide, Ready, Set, Eat! to learn our 3 simple secrets to help you meal plan like a pro!