Here’s a quick and easy recipe for pizza dough that is absolutely perfect for anyone wanting to make their own pizza. Once you see how easy it is, you’ll never want to make frozen pizzas again.
The basic ingredients of pizza dough are really just flour, yeast and water. The salt and sugar really bring everything together and give the dough a light, flaky taste. The salt also helps keep the yeast from rising too much. After all, you don’t want pizza on a big piece of bread!
The thing I like most about this recipe is that it can all be done by hand. Now if you have a bread maker and want to use it, by all means, go ahead and use it. Just set it on the pizza dough setting. But if you don’t have a bread maching no worries at all. You can mix everything by hand and still make an perfect easy pizza dough.
This recipe gives you a nice big ball of pizza dough that is perfect for a large homemade pizza. However, if you like a thinner crust (as I do), it’s super easy to cut the dough in half after making it and prepare 2 pizzas with slightly thinner crust. Really, the choice is entirely up to you.
This pizza dough recipe is fun, it’s easy, and you’re gonna absolutely LOVE making your own pizzas!
Easy Pizza Dough Recipe
- Large bowl
- Using a large bowl, add 1 cup of the flour with all the other ingredients and begin mixing well with hands.
- Add the 2nd cup of flour and continue mixing and kneading until dough forms a nice ball.
- Once dough ball is formed, leave in bowl and cover bowl with plastic wrap or a kitchen towel for about 15 minutes. Doesn’t need to be air tight – just covered to keep warm so yeast can rise.
- Your dough is now ready to make pizza! With a little olive oil on your hands, press dough out onto a pizza pan (or use a floured rolling pin to roll out) and add your toppings. Bake at 375 degrees F for about 15 minutes.
- This recipe will yield 1 large size pizza (12 slices) or 2 medium size pizzas (6 slices each).
Love these recipes? Get our latest recipes in your inbox. Sign up now!