Do you want to know how to make tortilla soup?
We’ll, I love tortilla soup! And this is the best easy recipe for tortilla soup I’ve ever made.
You can use simple ingredients and just a few easy steps and your slow cooker does the rest of the work.
For this recipe you use canned white chunk chicken breast.
This is perfect for soups.
Your slow cooker will combine the flavors of all the ingredients in a vibrant, rich, delicious soup that is then served over baked corn tortillas.
Add a little shredded cheese on top and some fresh cilantro, and you have an amazing tortilla soup!
Another option is to use corn chips in place of the baked tortillas.
Just place a handful in the bowl and serve soup over them.
You’re gonna love this tortilla soup!
Easy Slow Cooker Tortilla Soup
- Slow Cooker
- 2 cans of chunk white chicken breast 10oz
- 1 can whole kernel corn 15oz
- 1 can red or black beans 15oz
- 2 cans of stewed tomatoes 14.5oz
- 1 cup of your favorite salsa
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 12 oz low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 corn tortillas 6 inch
- In your slow cooker, combine chicken, beans, corn, stewed tomatoes, chicken broth and salsa. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 6 hours.
- When soup is done cooking in slow cooker, place corn tortillas on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees F in the oven.
- Break tortillas into strips and place a small handful in to each bowl of soup you will be serving. Pour warm soup over tortilla strips and serve.
- Add fresh cilantro and shredded Mexican cheese as garnish.