Everyone loves chicken tenders. They’re delicious, juicy, can be dipped in any number of sauces, and are popular with just about everyone.
But what about making them at home? Is there an easy way to make chicken tenders without a huge mess?
Why certainly there is… bake them in the oven!
Oven baked chicken tenders are one of the easiest baked chicken dishes you can make.
This recipe will give you the basics, and you can always add different spices and flavors to you liking.
The key to perfect chicken tenders is to have the right cuts of chicken.
Use boneless skinless chicken breasts. Most grocery store meat sections have already cut chicken breasts tenders.
Using those is fine! Of course you can use regular boneless skinless chicken breast and cut them into strips or tenders which is super easy.
Cooking with chicken breast is always easier pound them for a bit with a meat mallet.
Just place them on a clean surface and pound them to a nice even thickness of about 1/4″-1/2″ thick.
This naturally makes the meat very tender and assures more even cooking.
A meat mallet is a must have for your kitchen and can usually be purchased for under $10.00.
Easy Oven Baked Chicken Tenders Recipe
- 3 Small Bowls
- baking sheet
- Aluminum Sheet
- Instant Read Thermometer
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast tenders or whole breast cut into strips
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Using 3 small bowls, fill one bowl with flour, 1 bowl with egg (whisked) and the last bowl with the bread crumbs
- Rinse chicken tenders and pat dry with a paper towel
- Using tongs, pick up 1 tender and place in flour to coat. Remove and shake off excess flour. Now give it a quick dunk in the egg and remove. Then place in breadcrumbs to coat well. Do this with each tender.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Lay out coated chicken tenders on baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes until tenders are golden brown. Be sure to check for doneness with an instant read thermometer. Internal temperature should be 165 degrees F.
- Using your favorite sauce such as ranch dressing, barbecue sauce, honey mustard, etc., for dipping and enjoy!
Love these recipes? Get our latest recipes in your inbox. Sign up now!