Sometimes there’s nothing quite like a burger. And sometimes, when you do a turkey burger in place of a beef burger, it doesn’t always have the same appeal. But that just means you haven’t tried this turkey burger yet!
This burger is downright mouthwatering! It’s the toppings that take it over the top. So, what are those toppings?
Crisp red onion, peppery baby arugula, 100% decadent brie cheese, and a sweet, tangy raspberry mustard.
You’ll actually make the two-ingredient raspberry mustard; it’s a mixture of raspberry jam with a hint of spicy brown mustard.
It’s the whole combination of toppings that makes this burger so scrumptious … so definitely don’t skimp on toppings. (Hint: For best results, thinly slice the brie cheese when chilled, then bring to room temperature before serving on the burgers.)
As for the turkey burger patties, they’re kept super simple here. Just make sure you grill or pan-grill the patties until you get rich grill marks.
Do make sure you cook until well done to keep them safe. And don’t keep smashing down the patties with a spatula while grilling to release the drippings; that dries them out.
You’ll prepare all of the toppings and pre-arrange the buns so they’re ready to go once the burger patties come off the grill or grill-pan.
You’ll place baby arugula and red onion on the bottom portion of the buns. And when the patties are well done, you’ll transfer them immediately to those prepared bun bottoms, top with the brie cheese, raspberry mustard, and bun tops.
But before you sink your teeth into these bodacious turkey burgers, let them stand 5 minutes or so. That’ll allow time for the juices to redistribute in the burger patties so the juices don’t all drip out. Plus, it’ll allow time for the brie to get melty, gooey good! Enjoy!
Easy Grilled Turkey Burger with Brie Recipe
- Small Bowl
- 3 tablespoons fruit-sweetened raspberry jam
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 2 seeded hamburger buns or whole-wheat brioche rolls
- ¾ cup packed baby arugula
- 4 extra-thin slices large red onion
- 12 ounces ground turkey about 93% lean
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ounces brie cheese thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, stir together the jam and mustard. Set aside
- Arrange the arugula and onion on the bottom bun portions. Set aside
- Prepare and fully preheat a grill or grill-pan. Form the turkey into 2 patties, about 4½- to 5-inch diameter. Grill over direct medium heat until well done (internal temperature reaches 165°F), about 7 minutes per side. Season both sides of the patties
- Place each grilled turkey burger patty onto the prepared buns. Immediately top with the brie cheese, raspberry mustard, and bun tops. Let stand 5 minutes. Serve
Love these recipes? Get our latest recipes in your inbox. Sign up now!