By Jackie Newgent, RDN, CDN
A quesadilla is one of the easiest Mexican dishes to fix. It’s also one of the tastiest. And it’s absolutely scrumptious when it’s grilled, like in this quesadilla recipe. It’s delightfully stuffed with tangy goat cheese, juicy peaches, black beans, fresh cilantro, and more.
If you don’t have a fresh peach, simply swap it with 3/4 cup diced thawed frozen peaches. For extra enjoyment, pair the quesadillas with lime wedges, salsa or hot sauce, and guacamole.
Enjoy it as an anytime entrée for two—or an appetizer for many. It’s a perfect vegetarian-friendly pick for an outdoor gathering!
Easy Black Bean Quesadillas Stuffed with Peaches and Goat Cheese
- Non-Stick Skillet
- Non stick Pan
- 2/3 cup canned black beans drained
- 1 medium peach diced
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 whole grain tortillas 8-inch
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil divided
- 3 ounces soft goat cheese crumbled
- 2 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese 1/2 cup
- In a medium bowl, stir together the beans, peach, scallions, cilantro, lime juice, and salt.
- Brush two of the tortillas with 1 1/2 teaspoons of the oil, then flip over and sprinkle entire surface with the goat cheese. Top evenly with about three-quarters of the bean-peach salsa, then all of the Monterey Jack cheese. Firmly press remaining tortillas on top. Brush with the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil.
- Fully preheat a grill or grill-pan. Grill the quesadillas over medium-high heat until the cheese melts and rich grill marks form, about 3 minutes per side.
- Cut the quesadillas into 4 wedges each. Arrange on a platter, top with the remaining bean-peach salsa, and serve.
Love these recipes? Get our latest recipes in your inbox. Sign up now!