You will love these candied pecans because of its simplicity and the sweet aroma it gives your home as it slowly bakes into a crisp perfection.
What I love most about this recipe is that it can be served either as an autumn or winter dessert. The blend of cinnamon and cayenne pepper gives it that spicy, Fall-weather feel. On the other hand, the brown sugar that melts carefully onto each pecan makes it ideal for a cooler-day treat.
Want more recipes like this? Sign up to get them right in your inbox!
Baked at a low temperature of 300 degrees Fahrenheit, these toasty pecans are absolutely delightful and offer just the right amount of sugar and crunch for nearly any season.
If you love fall sweets, don’t miss our chocolate chip pumpkin cookies recipe!
How To Make Candied Pecans
Honestly, the most difficult part of this recipe is whipping the egg whites! This is such a simple dessert or snack that you won’t ever go back to store-bought again.
Kitchen Tools Needed:
Candied Pecan Tips
Whip The Egg White Mixture
Honestly, don’t skip this step. It is what crystalizes the sugar on the pecans as they roast. If you try to make them without the whipped egg white mixture, the flavor won’t be as pronounced.
Mix The Pecan Gently
Do not overmix them in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Just mix it up enough so they are completely covered.
Make Keto-Friendly Candied Pecans
If you want to make them keto-friendly, just use both granular and brown sugar substitutes. Now they will have less carbs and still be a high-protein snack.
Perfect Food Gift Or Party Snack
If you are going to give them as a gift, just place them inside a decorative tin or dish and they are impressive and delicious.
I like to serve them at parties. They always go so fast!
Love these recipes? Get our latest recipes in your inbox. Sign up now!
- Mixing Bowl
- Preheat your oven to 300°F. Prepare your baking sheet either with nonstick spray or a piece of parchment paper.
- Add dry ingredients (granulated and brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt) to a small mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- In the large mixing bowl, beat the egg white, vanilla, and water until stiff peaks form. You might have to use an electric mixer.
- Add the pecans to the egg white mixture and gently toss, making sure to completely cut all of the nuts.
- Add the cinnamon sugar mixture to the large mixing bowl and stir gently until the pecans are completely coated.
- Spread the pecans in a single layer on the baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes, stirring them every 15 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven and let them cook.
More Easy Desserts
If you enjoyed these candied pecans, here are some more easy dessert recipes you should try next.