There is so much to love about these s’mores cookies! Enjoy the sticky-sweet marshmallow flavor without the fire or the mess.
These completely homemade cookies have the same flavors as your favorite campfire treats! Make a big batch and enjoy the tastes of summer.
Want more recipes like this? Sign up to get them right in your inbox!
I couldn’t help but bake a batch of these s’mores cookies. Lately, I’ve been on the cookie prowl, developing more variations of my go-to dessert.
Whenever I’m craving dessert, it’s normally in cookie form. Yes, tiramisu and macarons happen to be my all-time faves, but there’s just something about cookies that are so wholehearted and classic.
These would be perfect on a fall dessert board alongside our sweet and crunchy candied pecans.
How to Make S’mores Chocolate Chip Cookies
Cookies are one of the most fun types of desserts that you can make. Not only is the dough delicious, but they taste unbelievable when they are hot and out of the oven. I love these cookies almost as much as these oatmeal lace cookies – and that’s a lot!
All of the exact steps and ingredients are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post. First, I have some tips (and links to the tools that made this entire recipe easier).
What You Need
Here’s what you’ll need from the store. The exact amounts are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Kitchen Tools Needed:
- Unsalted Butter
- Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Milk Chocolate Chips
- Mini Marshmallows
- Graham Crackers
Cookie Baking Tips
If you are pretty confident about how to make cookies, then scroll on down to that recipe card! I’ll be sharing some tips that I think are helpful, just in case!
What Is A S’more?
I called these smores cookies because they have the same tastes and texture as smores. If you don’t know what a smore is, let me help you out!
So, what is a s’more exactly? It’s a classic, all-American campfire treat. Think of the perfect dessert sandwich: a bar of chocolate and melted marshmallows, melted and squeeze between two crunchy graham crackers.
How To Make Graham Cracker Crumbs
There are quite a few different ways to make graham cracker crumbs. A mortar and pestle is a really fun (and physical way).
Even easier though is to just put the graham crackers in a food processor and let it do all the hard work for you!
Scoop Cookie Dough With A Cupcake Scoop
This is my favorite baking hack of all. Instead of trying to guess how big the cookie dough is as I place them on the baking sheet, I use a cupcake scoop. Mine holds about 3 tablespoons of cookie dough.
As long as all the cookies are the same size, use whatever method is easiest for you.
Add More Ingredients
I figured I could just give my chocolate chip cookie the ultimate s’mores treatment: add more chocolate, throw in some marshmallows and give it a sprinkling of graham crackers.
It’s seriously that simple – and absolutely delish!
Okay, enough rambling – here it is! Just below, I’ve got a list of all the ingredients and all the steps you need to follow to make your own batch of s’mores cookies.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and both sugars.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix all ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly add dry ingredients into the egg mixture (ie.: wet ingredients). Mix together until cookie dough forms.
- Use a spatula to fold the chocolate chips into the cookie dough.
- Wrap cookie dough in plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (or more!)
- Once the time is up, remove from the fridge and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Fill out a cupcake scoop (about 3 tbsp in size) half way with cookie dough. Press in about 3 marshmallows and top off with more cookie dough.
- Remove from the scoop and form into a sphere. Roll into graham crackers and add to lined baking sheet, keeping them about 1-2 inches apart.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes.
- Allow to cool on a rack – serve and enjoy.
More Easy Cookie Recipes
If you enjoyed these s’mores cookies, here are some more of my favorite cookie recipes for you!