Craving dessert? Me, always! This batch of Caramel Pecan Blondies is irresistible and melt-in-your-mouth good!
Make a sharable dessert that everyone will enjoy! These are as popular as our easy pumpkin cookies and just as easy to make. Plus, they are easy to store and eat throughout the week or take to a party.
These party-ready dessert bars are some of the best ones you will make. The corners and edges are perfectly crispy while the middle melts in your mouth. They have a rich buttery taste that is enhanced by nutty pecans.
If you are a fan of salted caramel drinks or desserts, then you have to make these caramel pecan blondies.
How To Make Blondies With Nuts
This blondies recipe is completely homemade. It’s simple enough for kids (or distracted adults) to make.
Kitchen Tools Needed:
- 8×8 Square Baking Pan
- Parchmenet Paper
- Small Sauce Pan
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
All the exact amounts you need are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post. First, here is a quick list of what you need to get from the store.
What Are Blondies?
In my eyes, blondies are a dessert that deserves their own praise. They are definitely not a runner-up to brownies and should never live in its shadow. Ever!
…but this is coming from a dessert enthusiast, who has a baffling love for all-things-sweet.
Blondies are a dense yet, moist cake that pulls its primary flavors from melted butter and brown sugar. This is probably why so many get reminded of butterscotch as soon as they take their first bite.
Tips For Perfect Blondies
Everything you need is in the printable recipe card. If you have any questions about it, please leave them in the comments.
First, here are a few more additional tips that I hope help you out.
Use Unsalted Butter
It’s ok if you use salted butter, it will just enhance the flavors a lot more. I don’t think it needs the extra salt. Unsalted butter really was just fine.
Optional: Use Gluten-Free Flour
If you (or someone you love) is gluten-free, then use your favorite gluten-free baking flour. There are lots of 1:1 replacement flours that will work perfectly in this recipe.
Store Leftover Blondies At Room Temperature
These freeze well too. They will stay fresh in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Any Type Of Nuts Will Work
Drizzle With Caramel Syrup
This is also optional, and I didn’t do it for the pictures. If you are going to serve them at a party, drizzle a little caramel syrup on top. This will make them that much sweeter and tastier!
Caramel Pecan Blondies
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Square Baking Pan
- 1 stick butter melted
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup pecan halves divided
- 1/3 cup caramel chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a square pan (8×8) with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt butter and brown sugar in a small sauce pan over medium heat.
- Mix thoroughly, about 3-4 minutes and remove from heat. Allow to cool for about 2 minutes.
- Pour butter and sugar mixture into a large bowl. Add egg and mix quickly, ensuring that the egg gets mixed in and not cooked into the sugar mixture.
- Add vanilla extract and mix some more.
- Slowly add flour into the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Once all the ingredients are well-combined, mix vigorously for about 3 minutes.
- Grab ¼ cup of the pecan halves and chop into small pieces. Fold into the blondie batter.
- Pour the blondie batter into the lined pan, spread evenly.
- Top batter with remaining pecan halves and caramel chips.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes then remove from pan and cut into 16 squares.
Have you ever had blondies before?
Love these recipes? Get our latest recipes in your inbox. Sign up now and we’ll also send you our FREE guide, Ready, Set, Eat! to learn our 3 simple secrets to help you meal plan like a pro!
More Easy Dessert Recipes
If you enjoyed these caramel pecan blondies, here are some more easy dessert recipes you should make next!