Celebrate any special day with a new twist on a beloved classic. Our recipe for Croissant French Toast is decadent, unique, and the perfect treat anytime.
If you are looking for something else to add to your brunch menu, make this easy pumpkin banana bread too. It smells amazing as it bakes in the oven!
Want more recipes like this? Sign up to get them right in your inbox!
Grab your drool bibs.
I’m always up for brunch. When Mother’s Day rolls around, I’m up for it even more. Treat the mama in your life with my recipe for Croissant French Toast. I’ve paired it with a ricotta cheese dip and it is out of this world!
I have forever been a fan of French toast. While I would never say “no” to making a batch of it, I thought that I might step it up and try something a little different this time around.
How To Make Croissant French Toast
This is an incredible breakfast treat. The croissants are so flaky that they fall apart in your mouth, filling it with light and sweet flavors. Elevate your French toast game with this incredible bread.
- croissants – and I make sure they’re a day old; it always works out better for French toast, in my opinion
- Ground Cinnamon & Nutmeg
Croissant French Toast Tips
Lo and behold, my newest recipe is now officially part of our family’s breakfast go-to breakfasts.
Why not try it out for this year’s Mother’s Day brunch?
Make A French Toast Casserole
Before making this recipe, I was going to go old-school and dip the croissants in my egg batter and fry each one individually. After a bit of research, I opted for a casserole-style serving. It’s a real-time-saver and I feel like the flavors come through a lot stronger when baked.
Use Fresh Strawberries
I was lucky because the strawberries I picked up were extremely juicy and fresh. To get the most of this recipe, I highly encourage you to go with fruits that are in season.
Serve It Fresh
There are some recipes you can make ahead of time, but this is not one of them. The croissant French toast tastes so much better when it is hot out of the oven than when it is reheated.
Serve With Ricotta Cheese Dip
This croissant French toast tastes even better when you serve it with my homemade ricotta cheese dip. This is a creamy and rich dip that you can use with any fruit platter, so save this recipe!
Use Your Favorite Fruit
I used strawberries, but you can use any type of fruit that you want! Try this French Toast topped with blueberries or even raspberries.
What I love most about this recipe is the ricotta cheese dip. Don’t forget, you can use whatever fruit you wish! We chose strawberries, as I found a beautiful batch at our local grocery store. I encourage you to use whatever’s in season, to get the most out of the fruit’s flavor.
What are your plans for Mother’s Day? Is this recipe something your mom/grandma/aunt/sister would enjoy?
Croissant French Toast with a Strawberry Topping and Ricotta Dip
- 5-6 croissants
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp ground nutmeg
For the topping and ricotta dip
- 10-12 strawberries washed and cut in half
- 6 tbsp granulated sugar divided
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp whipping cream
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut your croissants in half, lengthwise. Line them up in a small rectangular dish, about 13 in x 8 in
- In a bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour the mixture evenly over your croissants.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Once the 30 minutes are up, remove aluminum foil cover and bake for another 20 minutes.
To make the topping and ricotta dip:
- In a small bowl, pour 4 tbsp sugar over cut strawberries. Allow the strawberries sit in the sugar.
- Beat until fluffy and scoop in a serving bowl.
- Serve Croissant French Toast on individual plates and top each portion with sugar-coated strawberries. Use the ricotta mixture as a dip or serve on top.
Love these recipes? Get our latest recipes in your inbox. Sign up now!
More Breakfast Ideas
If you enjoyed this croissant French Toast, here are some more easy breakfast recipes you should make next!