This easy corned beef recipe is one way to make use of this meat. Be it breakfast food or a sandwich for lunch, it is enjoyed by a lot of people.
It is thought that corned beef has its origins from the Irish. During the world wars when meat was rationed, it was a practice to cure or salt meats so it will last longer. The term “corn” is from the big chunks of salt for which beef was treated.
In America, corned beef is connected with the celebration of St. Patrick’s Day. Nowadays, there is no need to treat meat as this is already manufactured and packed (in cans). Corned beef is now sold in delicatessins.
For another really easy sandwich, make Pesto Grilled Cheese!
Easy Corned Beef Sandwich Recipe
- Mixing Bowl
- 1 Dozen Dinner Rolls preferably Rye
- 1-2 Tablespoons Horseradish adjust to taste
- ½ cup Mustard
- 1½ pounds Corned Beef heated and shredded
- ⅓ cup Mayonnaise
- Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 2 cups Saurkraut
- In a mixing bowl, combine the horseradish, mayonnaise and mustard. You can adjust the mix to your taste.
- Toast the dinner rolls until they are golden brown and crispy. Put the mustard mix on top the the corned beef and the saurkraut.
Love these recipes? Get our latest recipes in your inbox. Sign up now and we’ll also send you our FREE guide, Ready, Set, Eat! to learn our 3 simple secrets to help you meal plan like a pro!