Making boneless skinless chicken breast is easy and delicious with this awesome recipe.
There are a 3 easy keys to making great chicken breast on the grill…
The 1st key to grilling great boneless chicken breasts is to pound larger chicken breasts thin and even with a meat mallet. Simply place the chicken in a plastic bag and beat it to a nice even thickness of approximately 3/4″ thickness.
The 2nd key is to brine the meat. All this is, is soaking it in salt water for 30 minutes. It makes all the difference in the world. Use 1/4 cup of salt and 1 quart of water. Simply soak the chicken for 30 minutes.
The 3rd key is to sear the meat over direct heat for 1.5 minutes per side, and then place on indirect heat for about 5-7 minutes.
These 3 keys make all the difference to grilling delicious, juicy boneless skinless chicken breast.
Easy Grilled Chicken Breast Recipe
- Baking Dish
- Grill Tongs
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1 quart water
- Dissolve 1/4 cup of salt into 1 quart of water in a baking dish. Place chicken breasts in brine and let soak for 30 minutes.
- Make sure grill is clean and spray with a little non-stick cooking spray. Start your charcoal grill with coal piled on just one side of grill. If using gas grill, just heat one side on medium high.
- Remove chicken from brine after 30 minutes and pat dry. Coat with olive oil and add salt and pepper.
- Place chicken over hot coals or burners and grill for approximately 1.5 minutes or until 1st side is browned. Flip over and grill 2nd side for another 1.5 minutes.
- After both sides have browned nicely, move chicken to side of grill without heat on or charcoal, cover grill, and let chicken cook another 5-7 minutes. Internal temperature should be 165 degrees F.
Love these recipes? Get our latest recipes in your inbox. Sign up now and we’ll also send you our FREE guide, Ready, Set, Eat! to learn our 3 simple secrets to help you meal plan like a pro!