Unbelievable Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
“One of the absolute best slow cooker recipes you will ever make”
This easy slow cooker chicken fajitas recipe uses just a few fresh ingredients to make a wonderful and delicious meal.
All you need to do is slice up 3 peppers and an onion and this awesome slow cooker does the rest of the work. The results are incredible. This truly is one of the best slow cooker recipes I’ve ever made.
Start with fresh boneless skinless chicken breast. About 1 lb will do. I like to use fresh organic chicken breasts which usually come 3 or 4 to a package/pound. If using larger chicken breasts, it’s a good idea to slice the thickness in half.
Just place the peppers and onions in the slow cooker, add the chicken on top and sprinkle on the fajita or taco seasoning. Use wet hands to mix it all well and again place the chicken on top of the vegetables.
There is no need to add any liquid in the recipe. As the chicken and peppers cook, water will form. In fact, what makes this recipe so delicious is that by using no liquid and cooking on high for 4 hours, the chicken and vegetables don’t turn to mush. They will be done to perfection.
After 4 hours cooking on high. You can slice the chicken or use two forks and pull it apart. Use tongs to take out the vegetables and chicken and serve on warm flour tortillas. Add fresh sour cream or guacamole for absolutely delicious chicken fajitas.
Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts 3 or 4 usually
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 package fajita or taco seasoning
- Slice up peppers and onion and place on bottom of slow cooker
- Add chicken breasts and add seasoning
- Use wet hands to mix the seasoning into chicken and vegetables well. When done mixing, place chicken breasts on top of pepper and onions and set slow cooker on high and cook for 4 hours.
- When done, slice or shred chicken and serve on warm tortillas with sour cream, guacamole or your favorite salsa.