This s’mores pudding is a mess-free and portable way to enjoy your favorite summertime dessert. It’s perfect for parties too.
Are you a total chocolate-lover? Then this recipe is perfect for you! It’s a sweet and diet-busting dessert that is totally worth every little calorie. Plus, you can make small individual jars and hand them out at parties – they are cute and beautiful and so much easier to eat than a real s’more.
Another way to enjoy the chocolate and marshmallow flavors of a s’more is by making some s’mores cookies. They are soft and chewy and the perfect cookie for summer.
Disclosure: If you make a purchase through links in this post, we may receive a commission. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Marshmallows, graham crackers and chocolate… oh my! This S’mores Pudding Recipe is out of this world!
How to Make Homemade Chocolate Pudding
I made this pudding completely from scratch. If you want to you can totally just use boxed pudding mix. Do what works best for you!
What You Need
Here’s what you’ll need from the store. The exact amounts are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Kitchen Tools Needed:
- Granulated Sugar
- Cocoa Powder
- Whole Milk
- Graham Crackers
- Mini Marshmallows
- Hershey’s Chocolate Bar
Mix The Pudding Ingredients Constantly
It’s important that you constantly mix the ingredients until they are well-combined and thick. Continuous whisking ensures that you’ll eliminate any lumps in the pudding and also, prevents ingredients from burning and sticking to the bottom of the pan.
Make Graham Cracker Crumbs
There are lots of ways to make graham cracker crumbs. I like using a mortar and pestle. You could also just place the graham crackers in a resealable food storage bag and then roll over it with a rolling pin until it is nothing but crumbs.
Store In Small Mason Jars
After you make the pudding, layer it with the graham cracker crumbs and top with marshmallows! This is the best part. If you have kids, let them help you. They will love it!
My favorite part about s’mores is the graham cracker element. I’m all about a good crunch in any dessert! So add even more crumbs on top of the marshmallows.
And don’t forget to garnish with a chocolate bar square!
Easy and Delicious S’mores Pudding Recipe
Okay ladies and gents, here’s my S’mores Pudding Recipe! I hope this dessert has you thinking about good the ol’ days, sitting around the campfire, telling spooky stories, and spending time with your loved ones!
- Large bowl
- Plastic wrap
- Mason jars
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder high quality
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 tbsp butter softened
- 4-5 graham crackers crushed
- 2 cups mini marshmallows (or more, if desired)
- 1 Hershey's chocolate bar 1.22 oz. in size
- In a medium size saucepan, mix together sugar, cocoa and cornstarch over medium heat for about 2 minutes.
- Add milk and whisk continuously until thick.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add butter. Mix until butter is completely incorporated and allow to cool.
- Pour pudding into a bowl and cover with plastic. Allow to chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Fill a mason jar halfway with the chocolate pudding, then with a layer of graham crackers. Add another layer of pudding and top off with marshmallows, more graham cracker crumbs and a large piece ofHershey’s chocolate.
Do you love s’mores? Have you ever made your own homemade pudding?
Love these recipes? Get our latest recipes in your inbox. Sign up now!
More Easy Desserts
If you enjoyed this chocolate dessert, here are some more fun and easy dessert recipes you should try next.