This Sparkling Lemonade with Blueberries is exactly the sip we need to refresh during summer’s hottest months.
This cold drink recipe is perfect to serve at parties or when you just want something fruity to sip on your back deck.
When I think of summer, I think of carnivals. When I think of carnivals, I think of deep-fried snacks, caramel popcorn, and of course… fresh lemonade.
This lemonade recipe will remind you of fairs and carnivals. It’s a party in a glass! If you liked this, you’ll also love the homemade funnel cake recipe too.
How To Make Sparkling Lemonade
So, to kick off this year’s summer, I decided to make my own lemonade… but with a twist. My Sparkling Lemonade with Blueberries gives me the nostalgia of days spent at the carnival, with a sweet addition of frozen blueberries and the spritz of sparkling water.
What You Need:
Here’s what you’ll need from the store. The exact amounts are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Ready-made lemonade
- Sparkling water
- Lemon slices
- ¼ cup frozen blueberries (blueberries that you have frozen yourself and not store-bought frozen blueberries)
Frozen Blueberries vs. Fresh Blueberries
Depending on your taste, you can add either fresh or frozen blueberries to this refreshing beverage. However, there’s a difference between store-bought frozen berries to freezing them yourself.
Store-bought frozen fruit tend to be frozen in water and therefore, get soggy once unfrozen. Freezing fruits yourself involves washing fruits, allowing them to dry and then placing them in the freezer. Instead of getting soggy, they hold their shape.
I like adding frozen blueberries to this drink because then it eliminates the need for ice.
The Best Carbonated Water
So, what is the difference between seltzer water, club soda, and ginger ale? They all seem the same!
Here’s how to pick out the best carbonated or sparkling water for your lemonade:
- Club Soda: This is carbonated water that was injected with different minerals. Ingredients such as sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) and sodium chloride are a few of the different ones that might be in the soda.
- Seltzer Water: This is carbonated water without the added minerals. It has a true water taste.
- Sparkling Mineral Water: Instead of using a machine to carbonate the water, this is water that is naturally carbonated from the springs.
- Tonic Water: This has the most recognizable taste. It has minerals in it including quinine, which makes it taste slightly bitter.
Okay, folks – here it is… the recipe for my Sparkling Lemonade with Blueberries. It’s quick, refreshing and will take you back to those good ol’ days in the carnival!
Sparkling Lemonade with Blueberries
- Large Glass (for mixing and serving)
- 2 parts ready-made lemonade
- 1 part sparkling water
- 2-3 lemon slices
- ¼ cup frozen blueberries blueberries that you have frozen yourself and not store-bought frozen blueberries
- In a large glass, add lemonade and sparkling water.
- Add lemon slices and frozen blueberries.
- Serve and enjoy!
More Drink Recipes
If you enjoyed this sparkling lemonade, here are some more easy drink recipes you should try next.