Enjoy a classic party food by making it in an air fryer. These Air Fryer Pigs in a Blanket are extra delicious all thanks to their cheese filling! So tasty and SO easy to whip-up!
Hey there, foodie pals! My name is Lisa and I am the founder of the Sugar Agenda blog – a website dedicated to party themes and party food ideas. Today, I’m going to show you how to make Air Fryer Pigs in a Blanket, which is one of my favorite appetizers that I love serving when I’m hosting big parties. Serve them with some chicken tenders.
Pigs in a blanket is huge in my household. My kids and husband love them! They’re an easy lunch to put together and also very budget-friendly. This is another reason I love serving them at parties!
How To Make Air Fryer Pigs in a Blanket
Looking for more ways to use your air fryer? My Air Fryer Pigs in a Blanket are a delicious option and can be served either as a lunch or appetizer.
What You Need:
Here’s what you’ll need from the store. The exact amounts are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Kitchen Tools Needed:
- Hot dogs
- Canned croissants
- Cream cheese
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Cooking oil spray
Air Fryer Pigs in a Blanket Tips
Do I Need To Add Parchment Paper To My Air Fryer?
I avoid using parchment paper in my air fryer because the air fryer’s heating system depends largely on air flow. If you want to use parchment paper, I highly recommend using perforated parchment to help with air circulation.
How Do I Roll My Hot Dogs for My Air Fryer Pigs in a Blanket?
To roll the hot dogs for your pigs in a blanket, always start at the widest end of the croissant dough.
Give Your Pigs in a Blanket Sufficient Space in an Air Fryer
Like I mentioned, cooking in the air fryer is all about air circulation, so when you’re using one, you want to make sure your food is laid out on in a single layer and spaced out between each other. I give a lot of room between my pigs in a blanket since it’s wrapped in croissant dough and those puff out tremendously when baked.
Use Cooking Spray To Prevent a Big Mess
Fair warning: when cooking, your air fryer pigs in a blanket may ooze out cheese since it has a generous cheese filling (trust me when I say: it’s SO tasty and totally worth it!). Rather than using parchment paper, I recommend spraying your basket with oil so that they can lift off the basket easily.
How Long Does It Take To Cook Pigs in a Blanket in the Air Fryer?
This recipe is very quick to make! All it takes is 8 minutes of cooking time in the air fryer! Be sure to check out the recipe card below for the full details!
Air Fryer Pigs in a Blanket
- Air fryer
- 8 hot dogs
- 1 can mini croissants 8 count
- 3 tbsp cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cooking spray
- Dry out your hot dogs and cut each one in half.
- Remove the croissant dough from its packaging and cut each triangle in half, lengthwise.
- Use an offset spatula to spread cream cheese on each croissant half, followed by a sprinkling of cheddar cheese.
- Starting at the widest end of the croissant, roll your hot dog half until you reach the other end of the croissant.
- Spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray. Place your raw pigs in a blanket, leaving sufficient space between each one (about half an inch should suffice – you may have to work in batches). Spray the tops with cooking spray.
- Cook for 8 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Serve with mustard as a dipping sauce and enjoy!
Love these recipes? Get our latest recipes in your inbox. Sign up now and we’ll also send you our FREE guide, Ready, Set, Eat! to learn our 3 simple secrets to help you meal plan like a pro!
More Appetizer Recipes
If you enjoyed this Air Fryer Pigs in a Blanket recipe, then you will love these appetizer recipes: