Air Fryer Pigs in a Blanket
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE SEE OUR FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR DETAILS.
Enjoy a classic party food by making it in an air fryer. These Air Fryer Pigs in a Blanket are extra delicious all thanks to their cheese filling! So tasty and SO easy to whip-up!
Hey there, foodie pals! My name is Lisa and I am the founder of the Sugar Agenda blog – a website dedicated to party themes and party food ideas. Today, I’m going to show you how to make Air Fryer Pigs in a Blanket, which is one of my favorite appetizers that I love serving when I’m hosting big parties.
Want more recipes like this? Sign up to get them right in your inbox!
Pigs in a blanket is huge in my household. My kids and husband love them! They’re an easy lunch to put together and also very budget-friendly. This is another reason I love serving them at parties!
How To Make Air Fryer Pigs in a Blanket
Looking for more ways to use your air fryer? My Air Fryer Pigs in a Blanket are a delicious option and can be served either as a lunch or appetizer.
What You Need:
Here’s what you’ll need from the store. The exact amounts are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Kitchen Tools Needed:
- Hot dogs
- Canned croissants
- Cream cheese
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Cooking oil spray
Air Fryer Pigs in a Blanket Tips
Do I Need To Add Parchment Paper To My Air Fryer?
I avoid using parchment paper in my air fryer because the air fryer’s heating system depends largely on air flow. If you want to use parchment paper, I highly recommend using perforated parchment to help with air circulation.
How Do I Roll My Hot Dogs for My Air Fryer Pigs in a Blanket?
To roll the hot dogs for your pigs in a blanket, always start at the widest end of the croissant dough.
Give Your Pigs in a Blanket Sufficient Space in an Air Fryer
Like I mentioned, cooking in the air fryer is all about air circulation, so when you’re using one, you want to make sure your food is laid out on in a single layer and spaced out between each other. I give a lot of room between my pigs in a blanket since it’s wrapped in croissant dough and those puff out tremendously when baked.
Use Cooking Spray To Prevent a Big Mess
Fair warning: when cooking, your air fryer pigs in a blanket may ooze out cheese since it has a generous cheese filling (trust me when I say: it’s SO tasty and totally worth it!). Rather than using parchment paper, I recommend spraying your basket with oil so that they can lift off the basket easily.
How Long Does It Take To Cook Pigs in a Blanket in the Air Fryer?
This recipe is very quick to make! All it takes is 8 minutes of cooking time in the air fryer! Be sure to check out the recipe card below for the full details!
Air Fryer Pigs in a Blanket
- Air fryer
- 8 hot dogs
- 1 can mini croissants 8 count
- 3 tbsp cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cooking spray
- Dry out your hot dogs and cut each one in half.
- Remove the croissant dough from its packaging and cut each triangle in half, lengthwise.
- Use an offset spatula to spread cream cheese on each croissant half, followed by a sprinkling of cheddar cheese.
- Starting at the widest end of the croissant, roll your hot dog half until you reach the other end of the croissant.
- Spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray. Place your raw pigs in a blanket, leaving sufficient space between each one (about half an inch should suffice – you may have to work in batches). Spray the tops with cooking spray.
- Cook for 8 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Serve with mustard as a dipping sauce and enjoy!
Love these recipes? Get our latest recipes in your inbox. Sign up now!
More Appetizer Recipes
If you enjoyed this Air Fryer Pigs in a Blanket recipe, then you will love these appetizer recipes: