When you’ve got a craving, forget take-out – go ahead and make it yourself! This is what I did when I was longing for the rich flavors of Thai Green Curry Beef.
This Instant Pot recipe is infused with aromatic curry flavors. It’s just as delicious as Instant Pot chili – but in a completely different way. When you are craving something bold and unique, then this beef recipe is perfect.
Want more recipes like this? Sign up to get them right in your inbox!
We’ve all been there. We want to order food but also want to keep eating healthy. Plus, it can often take an hour for the food to arrive.
Cooking at home just makes so much more sense. In fact, this recipe is ready in less than an hour – that’s faster than takeout!
How To Make Instant Pot Thai Green Curry With Beef
Thai green curry is usually made with chicken in a creamy coconut milk broth and surrounded with green chilies.
This recipe is super-simple and has all the same amazing flavors. Lime, coriander, garlic, and onion all simmer in a thick coconut milk broth. Instead of chicken, I made mine with tender and juicy strips of steak.
While most Thai Green Beef Curry recipes tend to have a strong kick of spice, I‘ve held back on certain ingredients to keep it on the milder side.
Kitchen Tools Needed:
All the exact amounts you need are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post. First, here is a quick list of what you need to get from the store.
- Vegetable Oil
- Garlic Cloves
- Stewing Beef
- Coconut Milk – From A Can
- Green Curry Paste
- Vegetable Broth
- Brown Sugar
- Green Pepper
Easy Green Curry With Beef
Zip on down to the printable recipe card a little further below. First, I have some extra tips that I think will answer a few of your questions.
Where do you buy the ingredients?
I shopped at our local Asian market for most of these ingredients. They are easy to find there. You might be able to find the ingredients at your local grocery store too.
What kind of coconut milk is best for Thai curry?
Whenever you make Thai curry, you should use canned coconut milk, not the kind that is in the carton in the refrigerated section. Canned coconut milk is thicker and creamier.
Instant Pot Thai Green Curry Beef
- Instant Pot
- 2-3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 lb. stewing beef
- 14 oz. coconut milk
- 3 tbsp green curry paste
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp brown sugar packed
- 1 lime cut in half
- 1 green pepper
- 1 medium-sized zucchini
- coriander for garnishing
- Set Instant Pot to saute function and pour vegetable oil. Give it one minute to heat up.
- Add chopped onion and minced garlic into the pot – stirring and mixing for about 3 minutes.
- Add stewing beef and brown on all sides, this should take about 5-7 minutes.
- Add half of your coconut milk and green curry. Stir until it starts to bubble.
- Add the remainder of your coconut milk as well as your vegetable broth.
- Close the lid of your Instant Pot and set on manual pressure, high, for 15 minutes.
- Once the time is up, set for a 15 minute NPR.
- As you wait for the pressure to release, prep your veggies by cutting your green pepper in strips (be sure to take out the center + seeds) and chop your zucchini.
- Remove the lid from the Instant Pot.
- Set the Instant Pot back to the saute function and add brown sugar, the juice of your lime, sliced green pepper, and chopped zucchini. Let cook for about 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off saute function and serve over a bed of rice. Garnish with coriander. Enjoy!
Love these recipes? Get our latest recipes in your inbox. Sign up now!
More Easy Recipes
If you enjoyed this Instant Pot Thai green curry beef, here are some more beef recipes you should try next.