Easy Grilled Beef Steak with Garlic Butter Recipe
Nothing beats a good juicy steak and this recipe takes it to the next level by adding a homemade garlic butter.
Start by getting a couple of good sirloin steaks of approximately 1″ thick.
Sirloin is an excellent cut of meat which has just enough marbling of fat for it to be juicy and tender, while still being very lean. It’s also very affordable too. Places like Walmart and Target grocery sections often have pre-packaged sirloin steaks which are terrific.
The garlic butter is what’s gonna make this recipe so good. It’s very easy to prepare and adds an amazing flavor and juiciness to the steaks. Be sure to make it first and set in in the fridge so it has enough time to harden up. Probably about 15 minutes.
Grilling the steaks is the preferred method, but you can also broil them or use an indoor electric contact grill. Just make sure to adjust the cooking times accordingly.
Easy Grilled Beef Steak with Garlic Butter
- 2 4 oz sirloin steaks 1 inch thick
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped parsley
- Using a small saucepan on the stove, melt butter, add minced garlic and parsley using low-medium heat for about 5 minutes. Pour into a bowl of small shallow dish and place in refrigerator so it may begin to harden. This is perfect.
- Fire up the grill and make sure grate is good and hot.
- Add steaks to grill and let cook for 3-4 minutes. Flip steaks and add some of the garlic butter mixture. Let grill 3-4 additional minutes for medium rare, 4-7 minutes for medium, 7-10 minutes for medium well. These times are all approximate and will vary depending on thickness of steak.
- Remove steaks from grill and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Add chunks of the butter to steak and serve warm.