This wonderful and easy meatball recipe is the perfect addition to spaghetti, or as a meatball sandwich, or even as an appetizer. If you’re looking for a real easy meal idea, this can’t be beat.
There are many ways to make meatballs and all sorts of different spices and flavorings you can add, but this one is by-far the tastiest and easiest recipe of all. They taste perfect with some classic meatballs as the main course.
This recipe will give you just the basics and you can work from there. But honestly, these meatballs are so tasty that you won’t need to add a whole lot of different spices or seasonings to them. They are delicious on their own!
How To Make Basic Meatballs
When all you want is a basic recipe, look no further! These are simple meatballs that will taste perfect with any sauce or pasta. After you master this recipe, you can make cocktail meatballs and Swedish meatballs next!
Here’s what you’ll need from the store. All the exact amounts are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
How To Make Meatballs With Breadcrumbs
Grab a bowl and all the ingredients and you’re ready to cook! Here are some pictures showing you how to make these tasty meatballs with breadcrumbs. All the exact steps are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Use Your Hands
I’ve tried to mix the meat with different spoons and nothing works as well as just digging into the meat with my fingers. If touching the raw meat grosses you out, put on some plastic gloves.
Kids are known to be picky eaters, but they will love these tasty meatballs! To make them easier for kids to eat, make them smaller. And to prevent messes, give kiddos the meatballs without any sauce.
Roll Them Tightly
When forming the meatballs, be sure you form them into tight spheres or else they will fall apart during the cooking process
If you prefer, you can add soy sauce in lieu of salt. Further, feel free to add diced yellow onion to add an extra kick of flavor.
You can also use ground turkey or chicken instead of beef. If you use white meat, I suggest adding more herbs and spices.
Bake Or Air Fry Meatballs
While it’s totally possible to bake these in the oven, I highly recommend cooking them as directed in the recipe (ie.: having them set on low, marinated in sauce, on the stove top). It really does produce the best flavor.
To bake the meatballs, place them on a lined baking sheet and bake in a 400 degree oven for 25 minutes.
Or, use your air frier! Set the air fryer to 400F and cook them for 25 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through the cooking time.
Make them a little smaller and they are the perfect appetizer. Make them a little bigger, put them on some French bread, and suddenly you’ve got a hearty meatball sandwich.
The possibilities are endless.
Easy Meatball Recipe
- Large bowl
- 1 lb ground beef 85% lean
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes or fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 oz jar of your favorite marina or tomato based pasta sauce 12can
- In a large bowl, mix ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, parsley salt and milk. Use you hands and mix it real well for a minute or 2. It should have a slightly sticky feel when ready. This is perfect!
- Shape into 2 inch balls (or smaller if you desire for appetizer size)
- Heat skillet on medium heat and add meatballs. Brown meatballs by rolling them around in the pan. They don’t need to cook all the way through – just brown them.
- Once meatballs are browned, drain off the fat but keep the meatballs in the skillet. Add marinara sauce and lower heat to low setting. If you skillet has a cover, cover it. Bring sauce and meatballs to a very low simmer and let cook for about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve
Love these recipes? Get our latest recipes in your inbox. Sign up now and we’ll also send you our FREE guide, Ready, Set, Eat! to learn our 3 simple secrets to help you meal plan like a pro!
More Beef Recipes
If you enjoyed this tasty ground beef recipe, here are some more tasty beef recipes you should make next!