Here’s an easy chilli recipe that only requires a few basic ingredients and steps before all the magic happens in the slow cooker.
There’s really no better way to make chilli than in a slow cooker. It really allows all the vibrant, delicious flavors to mingle and create an extravaganza of goodness.
Beans of no beans? There are two schools of thought regarding what is proper for chilli – beans or no beans. Well really, that’s up to you.
But more and more, beans are becoming a standard for chilli and that’s what we’re gonna do for this awesome easy chilli recipe.
To keep things simple we’re gonna use canned beans, canned tomatoes, and just the basics for spices – chilli powder, salt and pepper.
And you’re going to be amazed at how delicious it is!
Part of the magic happens in the preparation, which includes sautéing the vegetables for a few minutes on the stove top.
This brings out the flavors in such a wonderful way and allows for much better flavor combining while in the slow cooker.
Give this easy chilli recipe a try. You will absolutely love it!
Easy Slow Cooker Chili Recipe
- 1 pound of lean ground beef
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 diced green pepper
- 1/8 cup of chili powder
- 1 can of kidney beans 15oz, with liquid
- 1 can of kidney beans 15oz, drained
- 1 can of diced tomtoes 14.5oz
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red peppers
- 1.5 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Add vegetable oil to pan and heat over medium heat for a couple of minutes. Add onion and green peppers. Coat well with oil and cook for about 5 minutes minutes, stirring often.
- Now break up ground beef and add to pan with peppers and onions. Add the salt and cook another 5-7 minutes until meat is browned and no longer pink.
- Add the diced tomatoes (not drained), and both cans of beans to the slow cooker. Toss in the chili powder, pepper, and you pan of meat mixture. Stir gently but stir very well.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 6 hours.