These easy-to-make pink crinkle cookies make my pastel-loving heart flutter with joy.
They’re so darn cute!
For years, I was always curious about the oh-so-famous crinkle cookie. Fun fact: I never had one until recently.
My curiosity lead me to research exactly how they’re made. Ta-da! I’m here to share the recipe with you today.
Cake Mix Cookies
I once had a friend tell me that she uses cake mix to bake cookies. Genius, right? Well, I’m pleased to tell you that you could make crinkle cookies the same way.
What Ingredients Do You Need to Make Crinkle Cookies?
My pink crinkle cookies require very few ingredients. What’s best is that you probably already have most of the items in your pantry.
Here’s what you need:
- Vanilla cake mix
- Vegetable oil
- Pink gel food coloring
- Granulated and icing sugar
Don’t Skip the Sugar Coating
The beauty behind these little treats is their crinkly, uneven look. The recipe calls for powdered sugar to help extenuates the cookies’ unique texture.
On the other hand, the granulated sugar helps keep their shape. Of course, it also gives it an extra touch of sweetness.
How to Make Pink Crinkle Cookies
Pink Crinkle Cookies
- Large bowl
- baking sheet
- Parchment Paper
- 3 cups of cake mix approx. one standard box
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 drops pink gel food coloring
- ¼ cup granulated sugar poured into a bowl
- ¼ cup powdered sugar poured into a bowl
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, oil and eggs.
- Once the cookie batter forms, add pink gel food coloring and mix until completely tinted.
- Roll about 1 ½ tablespoons worth of batter into bowl of granulated sugar, forming it into a ball about 1 ½ inches in size.
- Next, roll coated cookie ball into powdered sugar.
- Set gently on lined baking sheet, about 2 inches apart from each other.
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes. Cool on a wire rack before serving and enjoy!
Have you ever made crinkle cookies before?
Love these recipes? Get our latest recipes in your inbox. Sign up now!