These Reese’s Pieces pumpkin cookies are made entirely from scratch and so easy to put together! The best part? Once you bake them, your entire house will smell like autumn!
Hello, Easy Recipe Depot friends! Lisa here, reporting for some cookie goodness! If you don’t know me, I’m a food blogger and run the website Sugar Agenda. One of my biggest specialties is baking cookies. I can’t get enough of them!
I am the type of person that once August rolls around, I am already ready for autumn! There’s just something about the crisp season that gets me giddy and excited: from the weather to the food, down to the fashion!
This is exactly why I whipped up these Reese’s Pieces Pumpkin Cookies! They really got me in the mood for the new season – and I hope they do the same for you!
My Reese’s Pieces Pumpkin Cookies boast the most beautiful color. I just love how vibrant and orange they are! Aren’t they the cutest?
Want to learn how to make them yourself? I don’t blame you! Keep on reading below to get the full recipe. I’ve included easy-to-follow instructions in the recipe card.
How to Make Reese’s Pieces Pumpkin Cookies
Autumn’s in the air and it’s time to roll up your sleeves! We love the fact that these Reese’s Pieces Pumpkin Cookies are made entirely from scratch and just so easy to whip up!
What you need:
Kitchen Tools Needed:
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Ground cinnamon
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Vegetable oil
- Canned pumpkin
- Reese’s Pieces candy
Reece’s Pieces Pumpkin Cookies Tips:
The batter is very sticky
This is not your typical cookie batter: it will be very sticky and that’s okay! No need to add more flour… nor did you do anything wrong! Keep on following the recipe and you’ll get the tastiest pumpkin cookies out there!
A Cakier Cookie
Speaking of consistency, this cookie will also turn out more “cakey” than traditional cookies. You’ll find that it’s softer and less chewy – but the texture really matches its flavor!
If you love a softer, larger cookie, then our Reese’s Pieces Pumpkin Cookies are definitely for you!
Use a Cookie Scoop
Because the cookie batter to our pumpkin cookies are on the stickier side, it’s best that you use a cookie scoop when placing them on your parchment-lined cookie sheet. We recommend going for a scoop that holds 1 1/2 tablespoons of batter for the perfect cookie size!
If you don’t have a cookie scoop, then you can use a drop spoon method where you use two spoons to scoop and then plop them down on your baking pan. Be sure that your cookie mounds are about 1 1/4 – 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
Reese’s Pieces Pumpkin Cookies
- Begin by sifting all of your dry ingredients in a mixing bowl: flour, baking powder and soda, salt and ground cinnamon. Set aside.
- Add sugar, vanilla and egg into a separate mixing bowl and whisk until creamy.
- Add vegetable oil and canned pumpkin into the sugar and egg mixture. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Slowly add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and combine.
- Fold the Reese’s Pieces candy into the cookie batter.
- Cover the bowl of cookie batter with plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Once the time is up, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Use a cookie scoop to add mounds of cookie dough onto the lined pan.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden around the edges. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Love these recipes? Get our latest recipes in your inbox. Sign up now and we’ll also send you our FREE guide, Ready, Set, Eat! to learn our 3 simple secrets to help you meal plan like a pro!
Can’t get enough of these Reese’s Pieces Pumpkin Cookies?! Great! Then you just HAVE to check out more cookie recipes from my blog, Sugar Agenda! Check them out below:
You may also enjoy these cookie ideas on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –