Easy Brown Sugar Pork Chop Recipe
Here’s a wonderfully easy recipe for pork chops with an amazing brown sugar glaze.
The flavor of the brown sugar compliments the taste of the pork chops to perfection and you be blown away at how incredible it is.
With just a few basic steps and ingredients, you can be well on your way to making the most delicious pork chops you’ve ever had.
This recipes uses a grill pan. If you don’t have a cast iron grill pan, run out and get one right now. It’s one of the best cooking items you can own.
A grill pan is made from heavy cast iron and had ridges which provide delicious grill marks to the food.
It also allows you to start many recipes on the stove top to sear in the flavors and brown the meat, and can then be transferred directly to the oven to finish up the cooking process.
For this recipe we suggest getting some real nice boneless center-cut pork chops of approximately 3/4″ thick. That’s a pretty standard sized cut. And if you don’t have one already, go out and get a grill pan now! You’ll be so glad you did. A good cast iron grill pan can be purchased at places like Target or Walmart for about $20.00. “Loge” is the real popular brand you’ll see a lot.
This recipe uses just the basics to make easy pork chops. Feel free to experiment with different spices marinades to you liking. Pork chops are absolutely delicious and this super easy recipe will have you making them again and again.
Try this awesome quick and easy recipe for two. You’re gonna love it!
Easy Brown Sugar Glazed Pork Chops Recipe
- 2 center-cut boneless pork chops
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Place grill pan on stovetop and turn heat to medium. Make sure you have the exhaust fan on as it can get smokey.
- Lightly brush both sides of pork chops with olive oil and sprinkle with the salt and pepper, and rub in brown sugar well on both sides.
- Place pork chops in heated grill pan and let grill for about 4 minutes. It may be necessary to adjust flame down a bit if they appear to be grilling too hot. But DO NOT touch them or move them around. Let the grill on first side for the 4 minutes.
- Now flip pork chops over and grill on 2nd side for 4 minutes.
- Turn off heat but leave pork chops in the grill pan and cover with aluminum foil and let sit for 5-10 minutes. This will finish the cooking process while keeping the pork chops juicy.
- Remove pork chops from pan and serve.