Here’s an amazing quick and easy recipe for the best mashed potatoes you’ll ever make.
The secret ingredient is… cream cheese. That’s right, you can add cream cheese to these mashed potatoes and they’re delicious!
You’ll want to start with Yukon Gold potatoes which are a smaller sized potato and are know for their buttery, creamy flavor and texture. About 10-12 potatoes will work perfectly.
This recipe uses just a few basic easy steps to the most unbelievable mashes potatoes you’ll ever make.
Of course you can feel free to experiment with adding other flavors such as onion or garlic.
Just add a 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder or garlic powder to the recipe.
You can also feel free to peel the potatoes first, or leave the skins on.
The preference it completely yours.
This recipe will call for peeled potatoes, but in the process of saving time you can always leave a little skin on the tops and bottoms of the peeled potatoes.
The skin on Yukon Gold potatoes is also very creamy and naturally delicious.
Easy Unbelievable Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Large Pot
- Potato Masher
- Glass Baking Dish
- 10-12 Yukon Gold potatoes
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel potatoes and cut into quarters.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add potatoes. Reduce heat and let potatoes simmer for 20 minutes.
- Drain water and return potatoes to the large pot and add the cream cheese, butter, milk, and salt. Use a potato masher and mash them to a nice creamy texture.
- Grease a glass baking dish and add potato mixture. Bake in oven for 30 minutes.
Love these recipes? Get our latest recipes in your inbox. Sign up now!
More Cheesy Recipes
If you enjoyed this recipe for baked macaroni and cheese, here are some more recipes that use cheese.