By Jackie Newgent, RDN, CDN
Beyond good nutrition, eggplant provides plenty of culinary versatility and adds volume to your meals. It’s an ideal pairing for pasta in this Mediterranean-inspired recipe. The memorable combination of eggplant, tomatoes, mint, and goat cheese is a winner.
But beyond good nutrition, eggplant provides plenty of culinary versatility and adds volume to your Eggplant deserves to be part of your meal repertoire often. This lovable veggie provides a variety of health promoting plant nutrients, including nasunin, which has rich antioxidant properties and makes the eggplant peel purple. So, do keep on the peel when you cook it. Eggplant is loaded with fiber, too.
It’s so easy to make, too. You’ll just sauté the veggies, toss with linguine, then finish with goat cheese and fresh mint leaves. For added flair, sprinkle with toasted pine nuts or lemon zest, if you like. Hope you enjoy a bowl of this delicious Mediterranean pasta often.
Easy Eggplant Linguine with Tomatoes, Goat Cheese & Mint
- Large Deep Skillet
- Large Saucepan
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups cubed eggplant 10 ounces
- 1 small red onion cubed
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes halved
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 10 ounces dry linguine
- 3 ounces soft goat cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh small mint leaves
- Heat the oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat. Add the eggplant and onion and cook while stirring until the eggplant is softened and just cooked through, about 10 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high, add the tomatoes, garlic, and salt, and cook while stirring until the garlic is fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, boil linguine in (salted) water per package directions, about 8 minutes. Drain the linguine, reserving 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking liquid.
- Add the drained linguine and desired amount of the reserved pasta cooking liquid to the skillet with the eggplant mixture over medium-high heat, and toss with tongs to combine.
- Transfer to bowls, sprinkle with the goat cheese and mint, and serve.
Love these recipes? Get our latest recipes in your inbox. Sign up now and we’ll also send you our FREE guide, Ready, Set, Eat! to learn our 3 simple secrets to help you meal plan like a pro!
More Easy Dinner Recipes
If you enjoyed this meatloaf recipe, then you will love these simple dinner recipes next!