These healthy zucchini fritters are a fun way to eat your vegetables! They are perfect for parties or as a nutritious side dish.
Disclosure: If you make a purchase through links in this post, we may receive a commission. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
This recipe is the perfect way to use garden zucchini or to help your family eat more veggies. They are crispy and taste like fried hotcakes, but with a salty and savory flavor.
I don’t know about you, but I love finding creative and delicious vegetable recipes! This one isn’t low-carb or Whole30, but with just a few ingredient swaps you can make it keto-friendly.
How To Make Zucchini Fritters
These are super easy to make on the stove. You don’t need any fancy equipment, but I’ll share the tools that make this recipe a lot easier and faster.
This recipe will make about a dozen fritters. If you need to adjust the ingredients to make more or fewer fritters, the recipe card can do that! Just click the number 15 at the very bottom of the printable recipe card and type in how many fritters you want to make.
What You Need:
Here’s what you’ll need from the store. The exact amounts are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Kitchen Tools Needed:
- 2 medium-sized zucchinis, shredded
- All-purpose flour – use gluten-free flour if you need a gluten-free recipe or crushed pork rinds if you are keto
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Olive oil
- Sour cream
- Garlic powder
All the exact steps are in the printable card a little further below. First, I have a few extra tips that I think will help you out.
Buy Frozen Zucchini Noodles
To save yourself time, buy a bag of frozen zucchini noodles or shredded zucchini. You can certainly shred fresh zucchini, but that will take a little extra time.
Get Out As Much Water As Possible
You need to squeeze as much water out of the shredded zucchini as possible. If you don’t, the fritters won’t be as crispy, they might even come out slightly soggy.
One way to get all the water out of the zucchini is to put it in a colander and just squeeze it really hard. Or, place all the zucchini in a cheesecloth and wrap it as tight as you can until the water drips out.
After the zucchini is as dry as possible, mix it with the rest of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
Fry The Zucchini Fritters
It only takes two minutes per side for the zucchini fritters to cook. Be careful not to let them burn. Then, you can make a dipping sauce or just eat them hot. They are delicious!
Love these recipes? Get our latest recipes in your inbox. Sign up now!
Sneaking in More Veggies with Zucchini Fritters
- Medium-Sized Bowl
- Non stick Pan
- 2 zucchinis medium sized shredded
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs large
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tsp garlic powder
- In a colander, sprinkle your shredded zucchini with salt and let sit for 10 minutes. With clean hands, soak out as much of the water from the zucchini and place on a plate, lined with a sheet of paper towel.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together eggs, flour and parmesan cheese. Add zucchini and mix until all ingredients are well-combined.
- Line another plate with a sheet of paper towel and over medium-heat, heat a nonstick pan with olive oil.
- Once hot, scoop 1/4 cup of the zucchini mixture into the pan and fry for about 2 minutes. Flip over and fry for another 2 minutes and place on your lined plate.
- In a separate bowl, mix together sour cream and garlic powder. This will be your dipping sauce for your fritters.
- Serve the zucchini fritters hot and enjoy!
More Healthy Recipes
If you enjoyed these zucchini fritters, here are some more healthy veggie recipes that you will love too!