Most people would agree that healthy foods are often not delicious and exciting to eat. Well, we beg to differ.
With this recipe, Easy Recipe Depot will show you how with just a few ingredients, you can make grilled salmon that’s both appetizing and healthy with ease.
This salmon recipe tastes amazing with some mashed sweet potatoes on the side!
As most of us know, salmon is a nutritional wonder. Aside from its omega-3 fatty acids content which are good for the heart and the brain, it is recently found that salmon is also a source of bioactive peptides that can aid joint cartilage, insulin effectiveness and control of digestive tract inflammation. It is also loaded with plenty of B-vitamins and protein.
By grilling salmon with a few sprinkles of salt and pepper, and a few squeezes of fresh lemon juice you can create a very delicious dish containing these nutrients. Moreover, this salmon on the grill recipe is perfect for those on the look out of their calorie intakes for this is a gluten free, low carb, and low calorie dish.
Always make sure that you start with a well-oiled and clean grill. Preheat the grill to medium high.
How long do you grill salmon?
It usually takes 10-15 minutes for most 1-inch-thick fillet. When done, it releases fat and the flesh flakes easily.
Now, who said healthy food couldn’t be delicious?
- When looking to fillet freshly caught salmon yourself, be sure to check the quality of fish you’re purchasing. Look out for signs of browning, and choose salmon with clear eyes and red gills.
- If you want salmon with the highest oil content, you should buy King salmon.
- Avoid purchasing tail-end fillets. They’re often too thin to grill well. Skin-on salmon from the head end is the way to go.
- If you are looking to pair the dish with something, the fatty flavor of salmon goes well with more tart or acidic dishes. Anything dressed in vinegar or citrus will fit well!
For an easy recipe that makes this fish kid-friendly, try out creamy orzo with fried salmon.
Easy Grilled Salmon
- Grill Tongs
- 2 salmon fillets with skin 1 inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- lemon wedges
- Preheat grill to medium high (make sure grill grate is clean and spray with a little non-stick cooking spray)
- Rub salmon fillets with olive oil and sprinkle on salt and pepper.
- Place on grill skinless side down for about 4-6 minutes. Leave it alone! it will naturally release from the grill when done. Flip over, squeeze some fresh lemon on it and grill, skin-side down another 2-4 minutes.
Love these recipes? Get our latest recipes in your inbox. Sign up now and we’ll also send you our FREE guide, Ready, Set, Eat! to learn our 3 simple secrets to help you meal plan like a pro!