My creamy orzo recipe is topped with the cutest fried salmon. This is a fun recipe to make when you are in the mood for seafood.
Salmon and creamy orzo is basically a complete meal! Add a few crispy zucchini fritters to the side and you have a meal that everyone will love- and they won’t even know it’s good for them too.
Want more recipes like this? Sign up to get them right in your inbox!
If you are ever in the mood for something different, but don’t know what to make, then try this recipe! It’s a boredom-busting idea that will wake up your tastebuds and make everyone enjoy seafood.
Plus, the entire recipe is a breeze to make. All recipes on Easy Recipe Depot must be easy, and this one definitely qualifies as simple.
How To Make Creamy Orzo and Salmon
I made the orzo completely homemade. If you haven’t tried to make orzo before, start with this simple recipe. You will enjoy it!
Kitchen Tools Needed:
All the exact amounts you need are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post. First, here is a quick list of what you need to get from the store.
- Extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Onion, diced
- Garlic, minced
- Chopped brown mushroom
- Dried orzo
- Chicken stock (you can also use water)
- Whole milk
- Ground pepper to taste
- Happy Fish frozen salmon
- Fresh dill
How to Make Creamy Orzo with Fried Salmon
This recipe makes enough to feed your family, and it only takes 15 minutes to make. That’s quicker than takeout!
Saute Garlic and Onions First
Cook Orzo In Chicken Stock and Milk
The chicken stock is completely optional, but I found that cooking orzo in chicken stock gives it a deeper and richer taste.
Fry The Salmon
The mini salmon patties only take about two minutes per side to cook. That’s it! Add the salmon on top of the orzo and dinner is ready.
Creamy Orzo with Fried Salmon
- Dutch Oven
- Non stick Pan
- 3-4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 small onion diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1¼ cups brown mushrooms chopped
- 3 cups dried orzo
- 2 cups chicken stock home made you can also use water
- 2 cups whole milk
- ground pepper to taste
- 1 packet Happy Fish frozen salmon
- sprigs of fresh dill
- In a Dutch oven, Heat 1-2 tbsp EVOO over medium-high and add onion – sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and mushrooms and cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add orzo, chicken stock and milk. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat, allowing to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with black pepper. Fold to incorporate all ingredients with one another.
- In a nonstick pan, heat 1-2 tbsp EVOO over medium high.
- Add Happy Fish frozen salmon patties to the heated nonstick pan and sauté for 2 minutes on each side. (Yup, that’s right: you can cook it straight from the freezer. Easy peasy, right?!)
- Serve creamy orzo on individual plates and top off with cooked Happy Fish salmon. Garnish with fresh dill.
Love these recipes? Get our latest recipes in your inbox. Sign up now!
More Pasta and Seafood Recipes
If you enjoyed this salmon and orzo recipe, here are some more easy recipes that you will enjoy next! They are some of our most popular ones.