Welcome the spring season with this mouthwatering Spring Charcuterie Board. It makes great use of spring fruits and thanks to its various goodies, gives a sweet and salty flavor profile that we all know and love.
Welcome back to Easy Recipe Depot, foodie friends! I’ll be your home chef for the day: my name is Lisa Favre and you may also know me for my food and party blog, Sugar Agenda. I believe that every day is worth celebrating, and that’s why I am constantly throwing parties and get togethers.
I am all about a good charcuterie board, and with spring making its official arrival, I couldn’t help but whip-up a Spring Charcuterie Board.
I am truly looking forward to this new season because I am from Montreal, Canada… and yes, it gets quite cold over here. For me, spring has always been a season of change – and ultimately, WAY warmer weather. Plus, as a taurus, it always meant my birthday would be coming up, and I could never complain about that!
How To Make a Spring Charcuterie Board.
Time to take out your large wooden platter… you’ve got a charcuterie board to make! This Spring Charcuterie Board has all sorts of elements that give it a sweet and salty taste. Plus, we make good use of spring fruit like blueberries and raspberries, and it’s always fantastic to bite into something super fresh.
What You Need:
Here’s what you’ll need from the store. The exact amounts are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Kitchen Tools Needed:
- Vegetable straw chips
- Crackers of your choice
- Mini chocolate eggs
- Mini hors d’oeuvres (from the frozen section)
Spring Charcuterie Board Tips
Start With the Veggie Straws
What makes this charcuterie board special is that it features both sweet and savory items. Most charcuterie boards stick with one flavor profile but I figure, mixing a little bit of everything is like giving my guests that best of both worlds.
Because we have very different elements on one board, I used the veggie straws as a way to separate the different flavor profiles.
How to Make a Salami Rose
It’s time to impress your guests! If you scroll down to the recipe card of this post, you’ll see the (very easy) steps to make your very own salami rose. All you’ll need is a drinking glass and round slices of salami! Then, you just have to layer the salami slices along the rim of the glass and ta-da! You have a salami rose that your guests will be talking about all night long.
Feel Free to Use Your Favorite Easter-Themed Candy
For our candy element, we opted for Peeps and mini chocolate eggs, but you can use whatever Easter-themed candy you like! The sky’s the limit! I love using Peeps and mini chocolate eggs because their colors are always so gorgeous and are the epitome of spring/Easter.
Spring Charcuterie Board
- 2 cups veggie straws
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 20 slices salami
- 1/2 cup crackers
- 5 Peeps marshmallow candies
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup mini candy-covered chocolate eggs
- Frozen hors d’oeuvres baked according to package’s directions
- Begin by spreading the veggie straws on your wooden tray so that they create 4 separate sections for your charcuterie board’s elements
- Next, make your salami roses. Use the rim of drinking glass (ours was about 2 inches in diameter), and fold over one salami slice on the rim and continue covering the rim while overlapping on each salami slice. You will need about 10 slices of salami for one rose.
- Once you have covered your glass’ rim, turn it upside down onto the board
- Place the fruits into small bowls and add onto your charcuterie board
- Add the rest of the ingredients, being sure to group them accordingly (fruits go with fruits, crackers go with salami, candies go with other candies/chocolates, etc.)
- Serve and enjoy!
Love these recipes? Get our latest recipes in your inbox. Sign up now and we’ll also send you our FREE guide, Ready, Set, Eat! to learn our 3 simple secrets to help you meal plan like a pro!
More Party-Ready Recipes
If you enjoyed this charcuterie board then you will love these appetizer ideas/recipes: