Easy Chaffle Recipe with just three simple ingredients. And since they are so easy to make, you will quickly become addicted to the crunch and flavor of these protein-filled treats!
This is a very simple recipe for a low-carb and low-prep Easy Chaffle that you will love. Whether you just love the taste and crunch of these yummy chaffles or you are looking for low-carb meals this recipe is a winner!
Easy Chaffles are a delicious way to create a flavorful low-carb bread alternative for your favorite sandwiches, enjoy them for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or as a quick filling snack. Because it is just a base recipe you can add many ingredients, everything from seasonings to sweeteners to create fantastic combinations, in no time you will be adding your own twists to the base recipe.
How To Make Easy Chaffles
This Easy Chaffle Recipe needs only three ingredients and makes a great base for dozens of great flavor combinations! The measurements in this recipe work perfectly for a mini waffle iron, but you can double it to use it on a standard waffle maker (just remember to double the nutritional information too!)
What You Need:
- Shredded Cheese
- Almond Flour
Easy Chaffle Tips
Can I freeze chaffles?
Yes! Place individually in freezer-safe bags and pop in the toaster or microwave to reheat, I highly recommend you toast them to bring back that delicious crunch. They are best eaten within one month in the freezer.
What kind of flavors can I make with this chaffle recipe?
These are a few of my favorites but there are so many ways you can customize them!
- Chocolate Chaffle- Stir in 1 Tablespoon of cocoa powder, ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract, and 1-2 teaspoons of preferred sweetener, use mozzarella cheese for a milder less cheese flavor.
- Pizza Chaffle- Use mozzarella cheese, add a sprinkle of Oregano and a few pepperoni to the batter, and dip in pizza sauce.
- Pumpkin Pie – Add 2 Tablespoons of pumpkin puree, 1-2 teaspoons of your preferred sweetener, and a dash of nutmeg to the batter.
- Cheddar Bay Biscuit- Add ½ teaspoon baking powder, and ½ teaspoon garlic salt, and use sharp cheddar cheese.
- Fried Pickles- Add 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt and pickle slices.
Can I use any kind of shredded cheese in my chaffle?
Yes! It is really just your flavor preference but if you want to make a sweet flavor like chocolate or pumpkin I do recommend that you use a mild cheese like mozzarella so it doesn’t have an overly cheesy flavor. So, you can create amazing flavor combinations with Cheddar, Colby jack, Pepper Jack, and even Parmesan. Don’t be afraid to experiment with this Easy Chaffle Recipe and even mix multiple cheeses to get your perfect flavor profile.
- Dash mini waffle maker
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons almond flour
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Spray top and bottom of waffler maker with non stick spray.
- Mix together egg, almond flour, and cheese until well combined.
- Pour batter onto hot waffle maker.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
Love these recipes? Get our latest recipes in your inbox. Sign up now and we’ll also send you our FREE guide, Ready, Set, Eat! to learn our 3 simple secrets to help you meal plan like a pro!
More Low Carb Recipes
If you enjoyed this recipe then you will love these other low carb options: