Looking for ways to make your boring pork chops more appealing? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
When you’ve had enough dull pork chops in your meal rotation, sauces can save the day. In this recipe, we’ll make a gluten-free honey mustard marinade for pork chops. Imagine the natural flavor of pork lending itself perfectly to the sweet flavor and consistency of the honey and mustard bringing out a subtle, rich taste. Now that ought to create a perfect combination for pork chops, doesn’t it?
This honey mustard pork chops recipe is very basic and uses simple ingredients. We’re going to use boneless pork chops that are about 1/2 – 3/4 inch thick. This cut of pork isn’t only one very easy to prepare but also a smart protein substitute because it is low in fat. If you have chops that are thicker, you can butterfly cut them so that they’re are thinner and will be easier to cook.
To round out the rest of the flavors add a hint of onion powder and some salt and pepper. These pork chops are terrific garnished with fresh orange slices.
Just follow the steps below to create a tender and savory honey mustard pork chop dish that you will definitely love.
- If you love grilled pork chops, you can use the same marinade sauce as glazing.
- If you want to modify the recipe, you could try making baked honey mustard pork chops. Simply mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Line the pork chops in a baking dish and pour the honey mustard mixture over the pork. Then bake in preheated oven (350 degrees F, 150 degrees C) for 45 minutes until pork turns slightly pink in the center. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
- If you love spicy food, using spicy mustard will add an extra punch to this recipe.
Easy Honey Mustard Pork Chops
- 10-12 inch Skillet
- Small Bowl
- 4 pieces boneless pork loin chops
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons of prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat a 10-12 inch skillet over medium/high heat.
- Sprinkle both sides of pork chops with salt, pepper and onion powder.
- Heat pork chops in skillet for 3 minutes on each side.
- In a small bowl, mix honey and mustard. Pour mixture over pork chops, reduce heat to medium/low, cover and let cook for 5-8 minutes. Internal temperature should be 160 degrees F.
Love these recipes? Get our latest recipes in your inbox. Sign up now and we’ll also send you our FREE guide, Ready, Set, Eat! to learn our 3 simple secrets to help you meal plan like a pro!
More Easy Pork Recipes
If you enjoyed this honey mustard pork chops recipe then you will love these easy pork ideas too: