Asparagus is the oh-so-delicious, often forgotten perfect side dish vegetable. Do you steam it? Grill it? Make it in the oven?
Actually you can do all of the above but one of the absolute most delicious ways to make it is with the super easy oven-roasting recipe.
It can be served with any number of main courses and is particularly good with a nice steak or fish.
You can often find asparagus that is very thick or very thin at your local supermarket. Either will do but if you can find a nice bunch of medium-sized stalks – all the better.
The ingredients are simple and common in most kitchens. The whole recipe only takes about 20 minutes from start to finish.
Easy Oven-Roasted Asparagus Recipe
- Shallow Baking Dish
- Ziploc Bag (Optional)
- Aluminum Foil
- Baking Pan
- 1 bunch medium sized asparagus
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt regular salt or sea salt is fine
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Trim asparagus stems, cutting off bottoms and leaving tops with about 2 inches of stems.
- Place in ziploc bag or shallow baking dish and coat well with olive oil.
- Place asparagus on a foil-lined baking sheet or pan and sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes until tender.