Easy Slow Cooker Ribs Recipe
Oh there’s nothing like the delicious BBQ baby back ribs, cooked to perfection, with amazing BBQ sauce as it falls off the bone with every bite. Yeah that’s what it’s all about!
Did you know you can make amazing baby back ribs right in your slow cooker at home?
No need to run out and pay high prices at a restaurant. With just a few quick and easy steps, you can make your own delicious, fall of the bone, BBQ baby back ribs.
The size of you slow cooker will determine how many pieces you need to cut the ribs into. For larger slow cookers you can cut a traditional sized slab of ribs into 2.
For smaller slow cookers you may need to divide them up more. Either way it’s no matter. You’ll stack them up in the slow cooker and let the process do all it’s magic.
You will want to select your favorite BBQ sauce for this recipe. The sauce I’m loving right now is
Webber Brand Original. The flavor is the absolute best BBQ sauce I’ve ever had and it contains no corn syrup.
Of course, you can use whichever brand you like but I highly recommend the Webber.
This recipe will cook in the slow cooker first, then finish off for about 15 minutes in the oven. This final steps really gives the ribs that perfect touch and carmelizes the sauce to stick to the ribs. So don’t skip it!
Easy Slow Cooker Baby Back Ribs Recipe
- Slow Cooker
- Shallow Baking Dish
- 1 slab of 1" baby back ribs – cut into pieces as necessary to fit slow cooker
- 1 sliced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 bottle your favorite barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey (optional)
- Cut ribs in to pieces depending on the size of your slow cooker. For larger slow cookers, you can usually go with 2 half-slabs.
- Add the sliced onion and water to the slow cooker.
- Rub salt, pepper and paprika into ribs and place in slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours. (I like 8 hours on low the best)
- After cooking in the slow cooker, coat ribs with barbecue sauce and drizzle with honey. Bake in oven at 375 for about 10-15 minutes. This really sets in the barbecue sauce and caramelizes it slightly for an absolutely awesome flavor.
- Remove from oven and add more barbecue sauce if you like and serve.
Love these recipes? Get our latest recipes in your inbox. Sign up now!