Here is another version of a tender tip but not made from beef but from turkey breasts. This easy turkey tips dish will make an excellent main course for two or weeknight dinners.
Easy Tender Turkey Tips Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless turkey breast, cut into 1" x 2" strips
- 1 teaspoon canola or vegetable oil
- 2 onions medium-sized, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons steak sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the turkey and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes, or until lightly browned. Add the onion and mushrooms and cook for 2 to 3 more minutes, or until the onions are tender. Reduce the heat to low and add the remaining ingredients; cook for 2 to 3 more minutes or until heated through, stirring frequently. Over medium to high heat, use a large skillet. Saute the turkey for4 to 5 minutes or until they appear lightly browned.
- Add the mushrooms and onion. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until onions are translucent and tender.
- Lessen the heat to low and mix the other ingredients; cook for 2 to 3 more minutes or until heated through, stirring frequently.
- To make this a complete meal, serve it on a bed of warm curly no-yolk egg noodles or steamed white or brown rice.