A dish of roasted fall vegetables is the go-to side dish for any meal you make. There are so many ways to season them, and they are ready in minutes.
Want more recipes like this? Sign up to get them right in your inbox!
I am always one to have a side dish with every single meal. I can’t eat any mains without one. Get this: for me, even a plate of pasta needs an accompanying bowl of salad – it’s just how I roll.
Roasting vegetables is by far, the easiest way to squeeze in a side dish for all of your family’s dinners. Autumn is one of the best times of the year, and you will love a good serving of roasted fall vegetables with your meats and mains.
How To Make Easy Roasted Vegetables
For this particular recipe, I opted to use carrots, sweet potatoes and mushrooms. All of the ingredients combined offer an interesting flavor profile. Also, the carrots offer a much needed crunch, since the sweet potatoes and mushrooms are so much softer in texture.
Kitchen Tools Needed:
All the exact amounts you need are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post. First, here is a quick list of what you need to get from the store.
- Sweet potato
- Brown mushrooms
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pecan halves, chopped into small pieces
- Honey, for drizzling
How to Cook-Up Roasted Fall Vegetables
Roasting vegetables is a lot easier than you think. The key to veggie roasting is to preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. I learned that this number is the best temperature to roasting most, if not all, veggies. The one thing I alter is the actual time the veggies sit in the oven to cook. I adjust accordingly, all based on vegetable type, vegetable texture, etc.
Build On This Basic Recipe
You probably already have most ingredients to roast a few vegetables. Really, all it takes is extra virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper. From those basics, you can take it up a notch by adding other seasonings and ingredients. But, oil and salt and pepper are the foundations for roastin’ up those veggies! Trust me, you’ll have them ready just in time for dinner.
Wash Your Vegetables
This tip is very important. Rinse all the vegetables before you chop them up and bake them. It will make them so much safer to eat.
Use Your Favorite Seasonings
It’s seriously that easy to roast your favorite fall vegetables. This is why I turn to this recipe whenever my meals are lacking veggies or color.
Roasted Fall Vegetables
- Baking Pan
- 1 sweet potato
- 6-7 large brown mushrooms
- 6-7 carrots
- 4-5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 5-7 pecans halves chopped into small pieces
- Honey for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Have a pan ready and set aside.
- Peel sweet potato and cut into bite-sized cubes, about ½ an inch in size. Place into pan.
- Thoroughly wash mushrooms and dry. De-stem each one and cut in half. Place into pan.
- Wash all the carrots and cut off the ends on each one. Set on top of the bed of mushrooms and sweet potatoes.
- Pour extra virgin olive oil over the vegetables and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top off the oiled veggies with chopped pecans.
- Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drizzle honey over on top.
- Serve as a side and enjoy.
Love these recipes? Get our latest recipes in your inbox. Sign up now!
More Easy Recipes
If you enjoyed these fall roasted vegetables, here are some more easy recipes you should try next!