Easy French Toast Recipe2014-12-03
- Yield : 2 servings
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 5m
- Ready In : 15m
Best French Toast Recipe
Who doesn’t love French toasts? The crunchy edges and the creamy inside, are a delight in the mouth. Easy Recipe Depot will teach you just how to make a french toast you will definitely love.
One can make the simplest French toast with just eggs, milk, powdered sugar and of course bread. That’s the answer to the question how to make French toast. But we are not settling with that. We’re cranking it up a notch by adding vanilla extract to make this the best French toast recipe possible. That’s right, by adding just a teaspoon of vanilla extract you’ll turn ordinary French toast into extraordinary.
The quality of bread you’d use, of course, will affect how your French toast will taste. Most French toast we’re used to comes on thickly sliced bread which you might not always have on hand. That’s just fine. Ordinary sliced bread of any kind will work well. But to yield great tasting toasts, use bread with a dense crumb that can soak up the egg mixture properly.
If you are the make ahead type, you can go on and create a French toast casserole by leaving soaked slices of bread refrigerated on a baking pan for a day or two before baking them in a preheated oven.
- 4-6 slices white bread (thick if you've got it)
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- powdered sugar
In a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk and vanilla extract. Be sure to whisk well.
Preheat a frying pan, skillet or griddle on medium heat. Use cooking spray or a pat of butter.
Dunk bread slices in egg mixture. If using regularly sliced bread, don't soak the bread - just a quick dunk.
Place bread on griddle and cook on both sides until golden brown. It should take about 2 minutes per side but be SURE to check.
Place on plate and sprinkle on some of the powdered sugar.
- You can get creative with the toppings that you use. Instead of powdered sugar, you can use maple syrup. Cream cheese, Nutella, and blueberry filling can also go perfectly with French toast.
- To create creamier French toasts use only the egg yolks for the egg mixture.
- For a healthier (and yummier) version you can add fruits like bananas or strawberries as fillings
- If you are making French toasts for a group of friends or for the whole family, you can speed up the process by making baked French toast instead. Just follow the same procedure but instead of using a pan or griddle where you can fry 2-3 slices of bread at most, you’ll have to use a baking pan and bake the batch in a preheated oven until golden.