You can create a colorful palette of stuffed peppers by using green, red, yellow or orange peppers too!
The basics of traditional stuffed peppers includes ground beef, rice, and tomatoes.
You can also add to the presentation by saving the tops and placing them back on during cooking.
This recipe uses instant rice which cuts down on a step of the process.
Regular cooked white rice can be used as well. It’s also important to brown the ground beef in a skillet first and drain off the grease.
If you try cooking the ground beef in the pepper while in the crock pot, the grease remains and peppers can become greasy and soggy.
Quick and easy slow cooker stuffed peppers are wonderful to make on a Saturday or Sunday morning and have ready for a delicious weekend dinner.
They’re also awesome to freeze and microwave for enjoying later in the week!
Easy Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- Large bowl
- Slow Cooker
- 6 large green red, yellow or orange peppers.
- 1 pounds and 1/2of ground beef browned in a skillet and grease drained off.
- 1 cups and 1/2of uncooked instant rice
- 1 can diced tomatoes 14.5oz, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- Cut tops off of bell peppers and set aside. Clean out inside of peppers of seeds and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix beef, rice, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt, pepper, onion powder. Mix well.
- Spoon the beef mixture into each pepper and place in slow cooker. Pour about 1/3 cup of water into bottom of slow cooker. Add tops to peppers and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Love these recipes? Get our latest recipes in your inbox. Sign up now!