This Instant Pot baked beans recipe is perfect as a side dish or add some meat and make it the main course!
Whether you call it pork and beans or baked beans, this recipe is tasty! The Instant Pot infuses the ham and beans with sweetness from the brown sugar and a zestiness from the Dijon mustard and ketchup combination.
Serve this along with some ribs or your favorite burgers and you have an unforgettable meal!
Disclosure: If you make a purchase through links in this post, we may receive a commission. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
The best thing about the Instant Pot is that it uses pressure to really inject flavor into every bite! It also makes cooking super easy. If you know how to use the stove or the slow cooker, then you’ll be able to use the Instant Pot!
I love the idea of putting together a meal one-pot style and my recipe for Instant Pot Baked Beans offers exactly that.
There are lots of ways that you can completely customize and tweak this recipe – and I’ll share all of my favorite tips below.
Ladies and Gents, here is my recipe for Instant Pot Baked Beans. Sure, they can serve as your next side for brunch, but try giving credit where credit is due. This baby deserves to be the main star for your next dinner party!
How to Make Instant Pot Baked Beans
For this recipe, I used canned beans and my own combination of spices. Here’s more information about how I made it.
What You Need:
Here’s what you’ll need from the store. The exact amounts are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Kitchen Tools Needed
- Canola oil
- Ham, cut into cubes
- Can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- Brown sugar
- Dijon mustard
- Cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Salt, pepper, and sweet paprika to taste
Instant Pot Baked Beans Tips
Bacon Is Optional
If you have cooked bacon, you can add it to the baked beans! I did not, but it is definitely a popular option in baked beans. Use as much bacon as you want to. In this recipe, I think that 6 slices crumbled are the perfect amount.
Use A Wooden Spoon
Use Enough Water/Liquid To Prevent BURN Warning
You will need to add a cup of water to the baked beans. It cooks out and doesn’t turn it into a soup, I promise! If you don’t use enough water, the beans will stick to the pot and you might get the dreaded Instant Pot BURN warning.
Add Other Ingredients On Top
Use Cooked Or Canned Beans
The Best Recipe for Instant Pot Baked Beans
- Instant Pot
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup ham chopped
- 1 can kidney beans 14.5 ounces, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans pinto beans 14.5 ounceseach, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 10 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- salt, pepper to taste
- sweet paprika to taste
- Set Instant Pot to the sauté function and add canola oil. Allow to heat for a minute.
- Add chopped ham and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Turn off IP’s sauté function and add beans and water. Mix.
- Add ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard on top.
- Close the lid and set your IP manual pressure (high) for 8 minutes.
- Once the time is up, allow for a 15-minute NPR.
- Open the lid and stir while adding cherry tomatoes.
- Season with salt, pepper and paprika. Serve in individual bowls.
Love these recipes? Get our latest recipes in your inbox. Sign up now!
More Instant Pot Ideas and Recipes
If you enjoyed this recipe for Instant Pot baked beans, here are a few more Instant Pot recipes you’ll enjoy next!