Toss the ingredients for this easy delicious Crock Pot Corn on the Cob in the slow cooker while you relax for an easy side dish or while you work on the rest of the meal. It takes just a few hours of hands off cooking and then you are enjoying tender tasty corn.
Keep your corn on the cob recipe simple and free up your stove by preparing it with just a few ingredients in the slow cooker, you will never go back to boiling it again.
I love to utilize my crock pot as much as possible, and oftentimes it isn’t for the main course. It is a great way to quickly and easily prepare a side dish while you put the harder work into other things. Having a party and need it to stay warm longer? Just drop it to warm and crack the lid to keep from overcooking your corn.
How To Make Easy Crock Pot Corn on the Cob
Corn on the cob is the perfect spring or summer side for just about any meal- cooked indoors or out! There is nothing quite like a crisp, perfectly buttered and salted bite of fresh corn on the cob, is there?
What You Need:
Here’s what you’ll need from the store. The exact amounts are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Crock Pot Corn on the Cob Tips
Can I use frozen corn?
Yes! Pop your frozen corn in the crockpot with the remaining ingredients and cook the same way you would if you were using fresh corn.
Can I add a little extra flavor to the recipe?
You sure can; while it is delicious just as it is, you can also use this simple recipe as a launching pad to create a more complex flavor profile; here are a few of my favorite ways to put a spin on the original.
- Garlic and Herb- Add 1 Tablespoon of your favorite fresh herb and 1-2 teaspoons of fresh chopped garlic to the basic ingredients.
- Street Corn- Use the basic ingredients above, while corn is cooking make a mixture of 1/4 cup mayo, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon lime juice, 1/4 teaspoon of chili powder , cumin, and garlic and slather on corn as soon as it comes out of the crock pot. Top with fresh chopped cilantro and a sprinkle of paprika.
- Sweet and Spicy– Cook according to directions and then drizzle with 2 Tablespoons of honey and sprinkle 1 Tablespoon of Siracha Powder over corn as soon as you remove it from the crock pot.
Crock Pot Corn on the Cob
- Measuring Cups
- crock pot
- Corn holders
- 6 corn on the cob
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup butter sliced
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Add 1/4 cup water and 5 cobs of corn into your crock pot.
- Then add butter, salt and pepper on top of the corn.
- Cook on high for 3 hours and enjoy.
More Easy Crock Pot Recipes:
If you enjoyed this easy crock pot corn on the cob recipe then you will love these slow cooker recipes too!