Everyone loves onion rings. Want to make them at home?
And we’re not talking about the store bought frozen onion rings that are all the same – mediocre at best.
We’re talking about delicious, flaky crust beer battered onion rings! These are the real deal and are absolutely outstanding.
This recipe is quick and easy and uses just a few basic ingredients.
You can use any kind of beer you like or have on hand. But if you have a good heavy lager beer such as Guinness, it adds even more richness and flavor.
This recipe uses 2 onions which will be enough for about 4 servings.
Easy Beer Battered Onion Rings Recipe
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Deep Frying Pan
- 2 large onions peeled and sliced of about 1/4" thick
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 bottle beer 12oz
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- vegetable oil enough for about 2 inches pan or pot
- In a large bowl, mix flour, cornstarch, salt, paprika and beer. Whisk well for about 2 minutes until a nice batter is formed. You’ll want a nice smooth batter like pancake batter.
- Heat oil in deep pan or pot to temperature of about 365 degrees F. Usually medium heat setting will do.
- Dip onion slices into batter using tongs. Coat well and remove, shaking off excess batter and gently place in hot oil.
- Cook in oil carefully turning every minutes or so for about 4-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and place on drain pan or plate with paper towels.